©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

overtraining..symptoms?

4everyoung

Jan 3, 2007
hi everybody! I have a probleme..I work out about 8-10 times/w...sometimes doing twice gym in the same day. I take my dosages of protein, creatine, multi and fish oil. my body is strenght but nothing past the usual after working out.

john_r44

Jan 2, 2007
no progress? why? You are tired or u have insomnia?how many hours/ day do you u sleep?maybe u can even start to get weaker and you don't observe

maximan

Jan 3, 2007
Are you gaining any strength?maybe a lack of improvement causes your overtraining. U need a break! A day/w when u do nothing and your muscles are relaxed.

euro33

Jan 3, 2007
those are a few factors can get you overtraining :low T levels, mood swings, loss in motivation, loss in weight, soreness, lack of progress, elevated resting HR, sleeping problems, easily irritated, and what 6pack said

healthfreaq

Jan 3, 2007
There are many signs like lack of progress, being tired all the time, fat gain more than muscle, lack of desire to work out, .Also many of these could be attributed to other factors (poor diet, lack of sleep, and even undertraining obviously).I'm curious about your split, diet....

burnout603

Jan 3, 2007
The most important side for me was a big hole in your energy and motivation, and basically a feeling of not wanting to do anything.

big4life

Jan 3, 2007
Top ten signs you are overdoing it:

1. Decreased performance

2. Headaches

3. Loss of appetite

4. Muscle soreness/tenderness

5. Gastrointestinal disturbances

6. Prolonged recovery

7. Loss of coordination

8. Recurrent illness

9. Morning heart rate is faster than normal

10. Depression, apathy, problems concentrating, lower self-esteem and unmanageable stress

Last edited:

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Allways I'm trying to avoid overtraining, that's why every 4 to 5 weeks I am taking a week off.