©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

t3 question

euro33

Jan 3, 2007
What is the general opinion about t3. I want to add 40 mcg a day hoping to lose some more fat. I am around 12% and want to be around 10.

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
euro33 said:
What is the general opinion about t3. I want to add 40 mcg a day hoping to lose some more fat. I am around 12% and want to be around 10.

General opinion is that it works. I think that you would be fine just dieting and exercising hard to lose that 2%, add 12.5-25mcg T3 to keep your levels up if dieting and exercising hard, think of it as thyroid replacement therapy to keep your T3 high and not depressed. I would not bother using more than 25mcg unless you are trying to reach a very,very low bodyfat level like >7%. Staying on the low side you will have a nice fat burning/energy boost without much noticable side effects or recovery issues.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I agree, T3 is not needed to lose 2% BF, diet and cardio should work fine for you.........

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
I agree, dont be lazy and just do cardio. I would only do it if I had a high BF percentage and need something to help. Even though some say not to use it more then 6 weeks, I think 4 weeks should be the max. I work in the medical feild and I do my own labs and the thyroid is something you do not want to screw up with. I did a 6 weeks cycle and even when I stopped my levels continue to drop for 3 weeks after being off it. Scared me alittle and I was about to take some meds to reverse it, but it started to come back up. I think there is some sort of a rebound effect on the endocrine system. If I ever did it again I would limit it to 4 weeks. A low TSH means you are hyper not hypo.