©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How to get protein

needsomeinfo

Feb 19, 2005
How do fit 200 grams of protein in my diet a day?

I just don't think it can be done, and its recommended for continuous developement

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
Get SynthePURE from www.synthetek.com It's 100% pure WPI with no taste. You can add it to ANYTHING that you eat and you won't even know it's there.

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
I manage to squeeze in over 325 gms, and beleive me its a lot of work. Just fit in 5-7 meals a day with 40 gms per serving (as thats the most the avg. human can absorb in one sitting) and dont use shakes for anymore that 3-4 meal replacements.

sammarbella

Apr 15, 2007
needsomeinfo said:

I just don't think it can be done, and its recommended for continuous developement

Are you joking?:confused:

What do you eat "BigMacs"?

Look this:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/ca...0NDE1MjQyJnBvcz00JnBhcj0ma2V5PWNoaWNrZW4.html

Calories, Fat & Carbohydrates in
Chicken: Breast, meat only, raw

Serving Size: 8 x Oz
Nutrition Facts
Calories 250
(Kilojoules 1045)

% DV**
Total Fat 2.8 g 4%
Sat. Fat 0.7 g 4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 132 mg 44%
Sodium 148 mg 6%
Total Carbs. 0 g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 52.5 g
Calcium 25 mg
Potassium 579.4 mg

Are you able to eat 8 Oz of chicken breast four times per day?

If so you ingest 210 gr of protein per day.

Add to this a 50 Gr ISO WHEY and you will get 260 gr of protein per day.

You can change chicken by red meat or eggwhites or fish in appropiate amounts and get the same total number of protein per day.

Very easy to do...If you really want to do it.;)

Last edited:

sammarbella

Apr 15, 2007
brendanbreen said:
I manage to squeeze in over 325 gms, and beleive me its a lot of work. Just fit in 5-7 meals a day with 40 gms per serving (as thats the most the avg. human can absorb in one sitting) and dont use shakes for anymore that 3-4 meal replacements.

Really?

Some say 30gr other 40gr and other say maximum 80gr per day.

I say this is BS.

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
brendanbreen said:
I consumme around 450mg myself right now and usually around 300-350gm without problems.

The whole 40mg of protein only being able to be absorbed in one sitting thing is a great falllacy, would it not depend on the person, the size of the person, the energy level of the person, the energy expended by the person, the other nutrients consummed by the person, etc.? And most importantly is How long is a Sitting? 40gm every 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours????

I find that meal frequency is the easiest way to consume more protein or other macronutrients. I stay around 50mg of protein per meal and eat every 2 or so hours alternating shakes and meals.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
I am a firm believer in the quality of protein that you take in. I have greatly reduced my overall protein intake for better sources/supplements, and am seeing better results than I ever have.

For me...quality over quantity works the best.

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
200gms is a walk in the park even just using whole foods. Add some quality protein (synthapure) and 200 should be down after lunch!! Take a close look at the foods you eat. 2 doz whole eggs has 142gms of some of the best protein you can get! On contest diet I eat 2 doz a day and that's before lunch!:eek: So you are not eating the right foods or just not trying hard enough!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
needsomeinfo said:

easy to do,,,eat 6-7 meals per day spaced 2-3 hours apart,,,eat beef, chicken, fish and have Synthepure shakes between meals.

jacksonjack

Sep 29, 2007
Hey,

I am getting you very well, I think 150-300 grams of protein are sufficient.
I would like to refer you to ************* you can get a good quality of protein.

Cheers!!

jacksonjack,

Last edited by a moderator:

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
what is your body wright? Some recomend 2 - 21/2 grams of protein per body pound.