©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

the aspiration

Cosmy

May 2, 2007
I'm new here. G'day everybody. I am unsure about the aspiration issue.What does exactly?

gear99

Apr 12, 2007
You don't want to inject into an artery or vein! From our site...

"After inserting the pin into the muscle, pull back on the stopper for a few seconds to make sure it does not fill up with blood which would indicate that the needle had been injected into a blood vessel..."

I am guessing that's what you meant.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
correct.... Just a quik draw back on the pin to mnake sure your not in a vein.
If its an airbubble your good...If it happens to be blood, ABORT mission!

crown

Apr 24, 2007
The aspiration is when the needle is allready into the muscle, and you pull back the plunger. Now , if you don't see any blood coming up but few bubles of air, than you are ready to inject. If blood appears than you should pull out the needle imediately.

Arnie

Jan 13, 2006
hey whats it when u inject all the oil in the muscle and a few drops of blood cums out once u pull the needle out as i forgot to aspirate

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Arnie said:
hey whats it when u inject all the oil in the muscle and a few drops of blood cums out once u pull the needle out as i forgot to aspirate
normal

ana4me

Jan 13, 2007
crown said:
The aspiration is when the needle is allready into the muscle, and you pull back the plunger. Now , if you don't see any blood coming up but few bubles of air, than you are ready to inject. If blood appears than you should pull out the needle imediately.

I thougt that there are supose to be no air bubles. I allways make sure that there are no bubles on the syringe before I inject. You could even dye if you inject air.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
ana4me said:
I thougt that there are supose to be no air bubles. I allways make sure that there are no bubles on the syringe before I inject. You could even dye if you inject air.
No air bubbles before you inject, but when you aspirate usually you get an air bubble or two...This is fine...Also you're not going to die from injecting a little air bubble in ya...It would really only matter if you were to inject a good deal of air into your vein...Don't do that:)

menace99

Jan 3, 2007
Look, first of all the chances of hitting a vein directly are very low, and even if you going to hit it you will probably will not die. Will not be pleasent either . About the air bubbles, embolism will happened just when an large one will be injected. The small ones will not harm you in any way.