©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First Cycle, But different motive

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
first off, I have read through many topics and other forums and I want to thank all contributors for their great information. There is a ton of information contained in these threads for beginners and pros and I have found it very useful.

I am 28 years old, was an athlete in Highschool and my first few semester of college, i am a large guy about 260 lbs right now. I recently just got off a diet that took me from 280 down to 260 using mostly portion control and frequent meals. My main concern now is fat loss.

I am 6'2 260 lbs, and pretty fat, probably in the realm of 27% body fat. I want this number to go down to 10% asap and I realize dieting, weights and exercise is the most important aspect to control this number. I am currently taking in 2g of protein per 1lb of muscle mass and lifting weights 5 days a week on a circuit type work out. My fat loss has slowed way down.

What I would like is a cycle, that while increasing my muscle weight will also trim me down. I am not interested in a "cutting" stack, but more of a fat burning muscle building cycle. I am sure there is a difference but I do not know the terminology to express that. I am looking for more of a permanent fat loss solution that will compliment a new diet and muscle building regimen.

I do not what to put on a ton of muscle and keep my fat, as this will just make me look even fatter, but I am aware that the more muscle mass on ones frame, the easier it is to burn fat.

I have been advised to take many different type of cycle, from test and winny to trem and others. The community here is large and with a variety of experience so I thought it would be a good place to start.

When it comes to diet and workout routines i am very disciplined. I just moved to the coast so having a beach body is pretty important here and I am also training for mma, so any advice on a good plan will help.

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Don't do steroids. Start training , doing cardio, puting your diet in order. Do that for a year , and then you may think about aas. You won't loose asap the fat anyway and get to 10% bf just like that. You will need to work very hard for that, and you should do it natural. You are doing the right think for a while now and the results as you say are allready visible. Keep going the same way.

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
I was assuming that would be the best advice. I started at 280 and now that i am sub 260 the fat loss has slowed down hence my reason for posting. I can burn it off naturally, its just a long process.

jarhead95

Jan 23, 2007
Advice

Your MMA Training should be the best fat loss stradegy that you will need to getting slim. I also am involved in MMA. I've been fighting for 6 years now, and finally went pro 2 years ago. If your diet and training is any good, then that will be the best thing for ya. Good luck pal!

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
where do you train, who runs the gym etc, i am interested to know. send me a pm if you like.

jarhead95

Jan 23, 2007
MMA Training

Right now I'm training in Bay City MI at a small gym just doin ground grappling submission work. I also workout at a small local gym on my Reservation here in Mt. Pleasant MI for cardio and strength training. Ive been to several weekend training camps throughout the years. The last one was at Dan Severns training camp in Cold Water MI. My Pro status right now is 14-2. I dont have a fight again until December, so I'd like to gain some more muscle mass.

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
My friend recommended Fish and Veggies as a diet... Im actually pretty lean, I was around 11%bf and I dropped about 11 lbs in a week on this...

It all comes down to how much you want to lose it... if you could eat nothing but fish and veggies... no marinades, nothing else... you could use pepper and such as seasoning and if you make a salad maybe throw in some balsalmic vinegar but other then that what you see is what you get... I would be willing to be that you would lose 30-40lbs in your first month... it all comes down to how bad you want to lose it and your willpower... ;)

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
i did fish and veggies for 4 weeks lost 25 lbs, but loss has tapered off, need to up my intake in calories and up my cardio and weights.

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Have a day off from the diet /week. Eat everything you feel like and you'll start loosing fat again. Do that every week.

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
i got a buddy that body builds, for fat loss he sent me this email based on my weights and body fat %
300g protein (can be meat, shakes, eggs, etc)
200g carb (oatmeal [no flavored oatmeal], brown rice, sweet potatoes [plain. The most you can add is splenda and cinnamon], beans, soba noodles), fiber one cereal (the ONLY cold cereal you can eat)
30g fat (olive oil or flax seed oil [added to shakes], natural PB, almonds)

Don't eat fats and carbs together. Each meal should be protein and fat OR protein and carb.

Eat carbs after your workout or training, but not both.

Keep carb meals to three a day. Eat only one carb meal on days that you don't workout. Every fourth WORKOUT day, eat carbs at 5 meals (you can have slightly more carbs that day--but only from the list).

NO juices, milk, sodas, or flavored anything that has sugar in it.

Broken up, preferably, into 6 meals. You could do 5, though.

Do cardio every possible morning you can.

I'm not going to design your complete diet for you. I gave you the 'rules' and the totals for the day. Go online and search for a place that tells you how much proteinm, carbs, and/or fat are in howevr many oz, cups, etc. I believe there's a site called something like Food King that has that info. Google it.

I'd also recommend buying a food scale from wal-mart. They're cheap and you need one. If you don't have measuring cups and spoons, get those too. At LEAST a 1/2 cup, 1 tsp, and 1 Tbsp. That's enough to measure out just about anything else you might need to know.