©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

my chest doesn't grow

cezar_z

Apr 18, 2007
everything else is going great, exept my chest,..it doesn't want to grow, it doesn't want to push heavier. it is bc of poor genetics?

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
cezar_z said:
everything else is going great, exept my chest,..it doesn't want to grow, it doesn't want to push heavier. it is bc of poor genetics?

you might not stretch it enough... do some really deep fly's with a light weight and stretch you chest... you muscle will only grow as large as the facia will allow. Also doing heavy pullovers strengthens your serratus and expands your rib cage with lays the foundation for a larger chest...

what does your chest routine look like? :confused:

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
No I don't think so. I don't know the cause because you didn't describe your training routine. If I have to guess, it is probably that you are overtraining. I can see year after year at my gym the same people who are working out everyday of the week, hard work I have to admit, but they still look the same. Are you working more than once a week your chest?

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
mike1991 said:
I improved my chest by dropping weight. When I go heavy I tend to use my arms and delts more then my chest muscle.

Droping it to what from what. I presume from very very heavy to a bit less heavy, which is fine.

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
Big Danny said:
Droping it to what from what. I presume from very very heavy to a bit less heavy, which is fine.

I would just drop the weight until I feel my chest muscle working and not my arms or shoulders. Sure it may look like I am a pussy while everyone else is trying to push as much weight as possible, but its my body and what is the point working your chest if all you really do it just work your arms and shoulders instead. Im not all macho when I am in the gym compare to some people.

big4life

Jan 3, 2007
cezar_z said:

If you are not very sure the day after that means you did a bad session

burnout603

Jan 3, 2007
read Big A article on professionalmuscle.com , growing principles for begginers, it will give you some new vision on how to do the right think in order to grow. and even with bad genetics, you will grow , I had the same problem