©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Advice on Tendonitis

NewbieASS

Oct 23, 2007
Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted some advice regarding recovery from tendonitis. I have not been able to go to the gym for six weeks because I have tendonitis from hiking in summer. I tried some gentle exercise a few weeks ago and that just seemed to start my ankle off again and I am back to square one now, any ideas for recovery or exercise would be greatly appreciated. I am also gaining weight fast, especially in my thighs and stomach because I can’t get into the gym… any advice please?

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
NewbieASS said:
Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted some advice regarding recovery from tendonitis. I have not been able to go to the gym for six weeks because I have tendonitis from hiking in summer. I tried some gentle exercise a few weeks ago and that just seemed to start my ankle off again and I am back to square one now, any ideas for recovery or exercise would be greatly appreciated. I am also gaining weight fast, especially in my thighs and stomach because I can’t get into the gym… any advice please?
I'm no Dr. but you should just go see one. If for nothing else, just peace of mind that it's what you suspect, tendonitis...Who knows if you've done more damage than you think...

kuju

Oct 24, 2007
Hi there, me and my girlfriend had the exact same thing. Did the Camino de Santiago in August and I got tendonitis fairly early on, whilst she got it right at the end but much worse.

Firstly, as Tyrone said - get to a doctor and soon. You may need some anti inflammatorys. I used Voltaren which is a diclofenac gel available otc in spain (loooove spanish pharmacys :)) in the uk/us then ibuprofen gel should be available otc. Alternatively the doc can prescribe diclofenac.

Secondly, try sourcing some cissus quadralangis. Its a herb and its legal - does great things for repairing damage! (Although its a herb so dont expect immediate results..but it does work)

Exercise carefully and if it feels like its flaring up again - STOP. Its not something you should try to push through, it just gets worse.

I'm afraid you're biggest weapon will be patience...sorry mate, but it will recover eventually.

Wood

Nov 1, 2006
Hell
I agree with Kuju good anti inflammatory from your doctor, naproxen 1000mg worked the best for me and a lot of time, I over
did it with the barbells it was 9 months before I lifted again "curls" I started
off slow and no problems I'm even lifting more now that when I injured my arm