©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Great news fellas

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Unfortunately, I have been foolishly checking my BF and getting false readings because I didn't know what the f... I was doing. The good news is that after having it check professionally, I am at 15% as opposed to the 20% reading that I was getting - much closer to my 8% goal. :D :D :D

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
It's skinfold-measurement. When pulling up the skin, a "pyramid" type mass is formed. I was simply pinching too close to my body, at the "base" of the pyramid. This is obviously incorrect. Taking the reading where the fold has parallel sides is proper for getting an accurate reading - but I'm sure you probably knew that - lol.

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
imdaman1 said:
It's skinfold-measurement. When pulling up the skin, a "pyramid" type mass is formed. I was simply pinching too close to my body, at the "base" of the pyramid. This is obviously incorrect. Taking the reading where the fold has parallel sides is proper for getting an accurate reading - but I'm sure you probably knew that - lol.

I'm no good at it either bro, that's why I asked.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I have no idea how to correctly measure BF. I get diffferent readings each time I do it. Now I just look in the mirror and see how far my love handles sag outward.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
tee said:
I have no idea how to correctly measure BF. I get diffferent readings each time I do it. Now I just look in the mirror and see how far my love handles sag outward.
Me too. Multiply the number of inches out from your waist by the approximate thickness of the handle and divide that by ~r2 and I don't have the slightest idea what that will give you.