©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Sauna kills water weight??

BigB517

Banned
Jan 7, 2008
Would getting in the sauna ed or eod get rid of your water weight?ive always got in the sauna just about everyday when im on, and didnt drink when i got out n stayed away from diet sodas and salts. I didnt really know if it was workin though i dont really bloat too bad.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
You would think it does. Obviously the sauna will make you lose weight in general but I am unsure if it will attack the water weight first or just overall body mass. I would think it is a good idea. Not to mention the benefits for your skin too cos acne can be a bad side for some (but even if it isn't). I am actually changing gyms for the reason the new one has a pool, sauna and steam room.

BigB517

Banned
Jan 7, 2008
Bad for your skin?? how is it bad for your skin to sweat? lol. I piss on my back it seems to help. squirt it over my shoulder

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
BigB517 said:
Bad for your skin?? how is it bad for your skin to sweat? lol. I piss on my back it seems to help. squirt it over my shoulder

You should read it properly. I was saying the sauna is good for your skin. Meaning most gear can cause modest sides such as acne so even if it doesn't make you lose much/any weight if you have one in your gym it would be beneficial to use it. Then you get a cold shower straight afterwards.

Just read the other reply about the benefits and that pretty much sums it up. I was just unsure if it attacks water weight or overall weight in general. Cos it is effective method when boxers/fighters need to make weight. I would never recommend this (at all) but if they need to lose lots of weight they will sit in a sauna fully clothed and go through hell and back till they sweat it off. I have heard of people losing 8 pounds in many hours of bearing the heat. That is an extreme method though just if they have to make weight and are struggling with little time remaining. They usually end up collapsing cause it is not good for your body.

Yeah the sauna is great for overall well-being. You always feel great if you have regular saunas and you get rid of all the toxins and ill health. Thats why I am gonna join the new gym by mine as it has everything.

BigB517

Banned
Jan 7, 2008
yeah i train at a boxing academy they do that sht all the time. theyll run on tha tread mill with a poncho suit on....beanie..... funk that. but that makes sense cuz ive heard you can sweat your alcohol off... so now when im hung over im going to the sauna!!!