©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Failure at 6 or 10 reps?

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Just want to know which workout will be best.....Weights that fail at 6 reps, or pushing wheight and fail at 10??.....what im getting at is, will you build faster using heavier weights, or weights that you can push up to 10..( First Set )..tia :rolleyes:

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
I incorporate a mixture of both into my workouts. I usually pyramid up, and fail at x weight for 10 reps....do that for a couple sets, then move up weight, and fail at x weight for 6 reps, do another set of that, then move back down to fail once more around 10 reps...for me, a mixture works best. This way I can build muscle and strength.

dpac207

Jun 30, 2004
after warming up i go to heaviest weight for about 4-6 reps , then i drop weight and increase reps , using both seems to work best for me b/c i have better form with the lighter weight, but build strength with the heavier weight

crumb316

Sep 11, 2004
everyone is different you have to find what type of training works best for you, I find 6-8 works best for me simply because I lose my concentration when I go high reps..... I think I have add or something or maybe I am just too out of shape to go high reps :D