©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

hcg (pregnyl) measurements on syringe

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
I need to do 300 - 500iu every 4 or 5 days. I have 1ml (cc) syringes. they are marked in units of tens lets say I want 300iu do I draw to the 30 mark? if not help me out

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
kaju said:
I need to do 300 - 500iu every 4 or 5 days. I have 1ml (cc) syringes. they are marked in units of tens lets say I want 300iu do I draw to the 30 mark? if not help me out

Do you have 1500IU or 5000IU amps? Either way doing it at the 30 mark will be wrong so don't do that just yet. You would only draw at the 30 mark if your amp was 1000IU (they don't exist). I have never got 1500IU amps but only 5000IU. I don't know if the solution you get with each is the same (I assume so). With the 5000IU you get just over 1ml of solution. So 300-500IU would be about the 7-10 mark (so a tiny amount).

1500IU amp- If you have smaller amps but the solution is about 1ml then 500IU would be about the 33 mark. And 300IU would be the 20 mark. So you would be best doing about 25 and you could get 4 injections from the amp. Hope it helps

Last edited:

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
Thank you for replying elvia. The pregnyl comes in a two part solution of small vials. they will have to be mixed. one amp is a powder and the other is the liquid solvent. the two together make 5000iu. my concern is when I mix them I believe I will use a 3ml syringe and have to transfer it to the 1ml syringe and I do not have a way to do that. I do not know if there is enough volume to mix it in the 1 ml syringe Even though together they make 1 ml. if there is enough volume in the 1 ml syringe that problem is solved.Then I will be back to the original question. with the 5000iu amp the 300iu would be the 20 mark; right? You cleared that up foe me.That was a good suggestion on the 25 mark I will do that. Thank you again elvia. sometime i feel like the guy who would use this

Attachments

• 0801.jpg
    0801.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 10

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
kaju said:
Thank you for replying elvia. The pregnyl comes in a two part solution of small vials. they will have to be mixed. one amp is a powder and the other is the liquid solvent. the two together make 5000iu. my concern is when I mix them I believe I will use a 3ml syringe and have to transfer it to the 1ml syringe and I do not have a way to do that. I do not know if there is enough volume to mix it in the 1 ml syringe Even though together they make 1 ml. if there is enough volume in the 1 ml syringe that problem is solved.Then I will be back to the original question. with the 5000iu amp the 300iu would be the 20 mark; right? You cleared that up foe me.That was a good suggestion on the 25 mark I will do that. Thank you again elvia. sometime i feel like the guy who would use this

It should fit into a 1ml syringe. Can you get 2ml syringes? If it's 5000IU then you just have to remember 0.1 (10 on syringe) is 500IU. So ignore the 25 cos that is for 1500IU. You will have to do 0.07-0.1 (7 to 10) on the syringe. So it is a tiny amount so you have to be careful - it's so easy to push alittle abit extra and that little bit could account for other 500IU!

By the way your best breaking the vials on the top. Then you inject the solution into the syringe. Then you put the needle in the small container with the 5000IU in and push the solution out of the syringe onto the powder. It will mix instantly but your best just GENTLY shaking it to make sure. Then you just put it back into the syringe and swop the needls for injections.

I would never rec using the same needle twice. But to be honest cause there is such a small amount of liquid and you can easily lose lots each time you swop needles - I simply inject with the same needle more than once. Not rec to do that just saying what I do. Because I stored it fine I have no problems. In a way it's just like going to inject and pulling it out and injecting again straightaway (but more time in between). Once when I had a small amount of HCG left I used the same needle 4 times... I wouldnever rec that. It hurt but I have never had 1 problem from injecting. No swelling etc. Oh apart from going into my chest too deep once but I was just sore for 2 days.. nothing bad.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Just looked at your pic. Who on earth would develop that... nevermind buy it!

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
I am going to start my cycle on May 1st. Unfortunatly I only have inulin syringes for my hcg. The insulin syring comes with a fixed needle. No way to remove it. I can affix a 1 1/2 needle over the insulin syringe for mixing. But then I will have to use the same syringe over with the same needle. Rightly so you recomended not to do this. But in my case I will have to. I dont like it for fear of infection. Both my parents are diabetic. I have seen them use the same needle over and again many, many times over the past 25 years and no problems yet. Just knowing the mathmatical chances of infection scares me. But as you have done and I have seen my parents do it shows I will probwbly be alright. But back to the origanal question. on my 1ml syringe the marks are in graduates of two. 2, 4, 6, 8, and the ten mark is posted. I will just go with the 10 mark because it is easiest to measure. That will be 500iu in each dose every 4 or 5 days.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
kaju said:
I am going to start my cycle on May 1st. Unfortunatly I only have inulin syringes for my hcg. The insulin syring comes with a fixed needle. No way to remove it. I can affix a 1 1/2 needle over the insulin syringe for mixing. But then I will have to use the same syringe over with the same needle. Rightly so you recomended not to do this. But in my case I will have to. I dont like it for fear of infection. Both my parents are diabetic. I have seen them use the same needle over and again many, many times over the past 25 years and no problems yet. Just knowing the mathmatical chances of infection scares me. But as you have done and I have seen my parents do it shows I will probwbly be alright. But back to the origanal question. on my 1ml syringe the marks are in graduates of two. 2, 4, 6, 8, and the ten mark is posted. I will just go with the 10 mark because it is easiest to measure. That will be 500iu in each dose every 4 or 5 days.

Sounds like your sorted. If your doing it at 500IU I would do that every 5 days. When I say "I would never rec this" it is just because so many have problems with just injecting normally I don't want to rec something and they get bad swelling. But yeah you are right injecting with the same needle is ok if done correctly. Of course many will say but it gets contaminated etc. But really if you just store it well you can use it more than once. It hurts alot more on the 3rd time and the 4th more so. But with HCG most my injections are Sub-Q in my stomach so it could be used 10 times it's not gonna hurt that much. But obviously it goes blunt so you just gonna put some force into it. I always use 5/8 needles for sub-q injections.

I am thinking your best getting other needles though. Reason being 500IU every few fays means 10 injections per ampule. You can't be injecting with the same needle 10 times imo! But it's up2 you and you should be fine.

Just checking but you do know how to store the HCG. It has to be kept in the fridge after you mix it. You can store it for many weeks so you will be fine. You shouldn't keep things in syringes that long. Because I only do 500IU per week I am gonna start buying the 1500IU amp in the future. 5000IU can be awkward with the timings so 1500 will be so much easier and the quality will remain the same because time after mixing and injections won't be great.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Ive only skimmed over this Ill admit and not read every word.
One thing I notice right away is you Should NEVER have to re-use the same needle and or Syringe. Once that needle breaks the skin Its Trash. I would never consider re-using one.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Here is How I always used the HCG in 5000 iu Amps.---

Using a 3ml Syringe and needle Draw up the water and Put it on the powder.
After mixed draw it all (Now Powder and water mixed) up into the 3ml Syringe.
Now Store that in the Fridge and as Needed Use your INSULIN Pins to draw from the little Hole in the TOP of the 3ml syringe.
Insulin Pins will measure a Lot more accurate and you should use a new one each time.

OR Mix it and Put it in a sealed Sterile Vial and draw from there with your insulin Pins.

Deffinatley DO NOT Just keep injecting with the same Pin.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Thats why I never usually say to inject more than once with the same pin. And I always warn against it. I am aware of all the risks of infection etc. Thats why I just said I have done it (like you said your parents did) and have never had a problem. A needle isn't useless once it breaks the skins it is just more blunt and the risk of infection for futher injections can be increased. But the same can be said for many circumstances. An example could be if you go to pin and say you hit a wrong spot and pull it out and instead of swopping just trying again. I have never done that cause I always do it right first time. But yeah I admit I have used a HCG needle 4 times. I had no problems whatsoever but I imagine most probably would have problems so don't try it. I would only do the above on sub-q injections but again it is rare cause I usually use the correct protocol on all injections.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
OR Mix it and Put it in a sealed Sterile Vial and draw from there with your insulin Pins.

Thats a great idea. Reason being I don't like to keep compounds in syringes for too long (even in cold temperatures). And if you do 500IU every 5 days that is a whole 50 days to use up your 5000IU. I would say 3 weeks complete max to store it in a syringe. The chances of contamination are greatly increased if stored at room temperature.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Elvia1023 said:

Thats a great idea. Reason being I don't like to keep compounds in syringes for too long (even in cold temperatures). And if you do 500IU every 5 days that is a whole 50 days to use up your 5000IU. I would say 3 weeks complete max to store it in a syringe. The chances of contamination are greatly increased if stored at room temperature.

Elvia,
Why would you say three weeks max to store it in a syringe?
Im looking at my Bacteriostatic water right now (Thats in a Plastic Vial and meant for Rx and hospitals) Says it expires in March of 09. Ive had it since last year. Just curious where you came up with that number of three weeks to store it?

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
rAJJIN said:
Elvia,
Why would you say three weeks max to store it in a syringe?
Im looking at my Bacteriostatic water right now (Thats in a Plastic Vial and meant for Rx and hospitals) Says it expires in March of 09. Ive had it since last year. Just curious where you came up with that number of three weeks to store it?

Just through reading numerous threads on the subject. And then I asked a woman I know who is a junior surgeon. When I say junior she is on about $140,000 per year so getting to a high level. She said (and on the forums) that leaving compounds in regular plastic syringes can lead to contamination. It is something about the plastic. I don't know the full truth and I am sure you could leave things in for awhile. I was thinking but many containers (hospitals use) are plastic so whats the difference between that and the syringe. On the threads I have read many have inputted and some made some useful points. One seemed very knowledgeable but of course that could mean nothing. Some would say 2 weeks others would say 3 weeks etc. So thats why I worded my reply as I don't like to leave compounds inside of syringes for too long and not saying don't do it. But of course the storage may totally change that. I imagine syringes kept at room temperature would be at greater risk if left over time. As opposed to having them in a fridge like you do with HCG. Maybe others could comment about this subject. I have left a compound in a syringe at room temp for 2 1/2 weeks and was fine.

I am sure the 50 days would probably be fine but your other suggestion was a great one so that would be best imo.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
By the way you know it says the expiry date on the plastic amp you have. Here's an interesting fact that doesn't just apply to compounds. To best explain I would ask why does bottled water have an expiry date on? Reason is because after a certain amount of time the plastic contaminates the water. The water would be fine but it's the plastic. So maybe if your using a compound surely that is gonna be less time than water due to it's ingredients and chemical structure. But like I said above the 3 week rule is just from what I heared. I am sure 7 weeks could be fine so that would be cool too. I just wouldn't risk it if I didn't have to. But of course you advised that cause you have probably done it 50 times so it should be fine. Oh other reason I said that too is because I have heared HCG can also lose it's effectiveness over time. I don't mean refreezing it and bringing it back again and again - it is useless then. I just mean it loses it slightly over time (after mixed) so thats other reason i wouldn't keep it mixed for 50 days. The previous thing might be wrong but just in case I would rather just use 1500IU amps in the future cos I only do 500IU every week. If I was doing more I would buy 5000IU everytime in the future.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Cool deal Elvia. I wasnt trying to argue or pick at your advice, Just curious was all. I dont like to give people advice that could be harmfull to them so I ask questions an keep that in mind for future refference :). Like you said though Ive done it this way personaly many times over the years with no problems myself.

Your right on the Hcg. It does lose its Potency Over time after being mixed.
50 days would be pushing it imo as well. If it were me Id use it @ 500iu eod as needed. So It may be Important to Note that 500iu eod would be 20 days of keeping it stored in the syringe although Im still certain I have kept and used some that way for much longer. Its all good though:smoker: Thats why we are here...to share experiences and advice with eachother. Always good to Chat with ya buddy

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
rAJJIN said:
Cool deal Elvia. I wasnt trying to argue or pick at your advice, Just curious was all. I dont like to give people advice that could be harmfull to them so I ask questions an keep that in mind for future refference :). Like you said though Ive done it this way personaly many times over the years with no problems myself.

Your right on the Hcg. It does lose its Potency Over time after being mixed.
50 days would be pushing it imo as well. If it were me Id use it @ 500iu eod as needed. So It may be Important to Note that 500iu eod would be 20 days of keeping it stored in the syringe although Im still certain I have kept and used some that way for much longer. Its all good though:smoker: Thats why we are here...to share experiences and advice with eachother. Always good to Chat with ya buddy

Sorry if I came across like I thought you was arguing with me (I didn't think that at all). Even if you was arguing with me (which you wasn't) that would be cool cause that should be part of any forum. I know many have kept it for ages but when I heard about the contamination I just thought it is probably best to be safe... that is unusual for me cause the things I have put in my body in the past have been far from safe. I always value your input cause you are experienced and know your stuff. Actually it is more so you seem like a top fella so it's always cool.

I have been quite moody recently. I am never usually but I guess this clomid is working then. It is suppose to give you women's PMT symptoms after all! I say I guess it is working because I wasn't sure if it might be fake or not. I done a thread called Clomid this week but no one replied on it. Happy training

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
I live in Louisiana the southern part of the United states. I listen to LPB radio. It is a subsidiary of pbs. On this radio station they have been broadcasting news about polymers water bottles, food containers, the vinyl dash in your car etc. they are saying it leaches some type of gas we ingest and breath and is causing us (humans) to produce less testosterone. and making young boys to have small testicles. It has been in the news every other day for the past three months. I didn't pay that much attention to it at first I just thought it was another one of those the sky is falling reports but now that I'm hearing about it on other radio stations and I read about it in this past months muscle & Fitness magazine. the report came up as people are taking stainless steel drinking bottles to the gym because of the fear of plastics leaching this chemical I cannot remember what it is called. This might be what the contamination is your surgeon friend was talking about. you can see why this might be important to us. Test is our best friend. we want to keep as much as we can get.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
kaju said:
I live in Louisiana the southern part of the United states. I listen to LPB radio. It is a subsidiary of pbs. On this radio station they have been broadcasting news about polymers water bottles, food containers, the vinyl dash in your car etc. they are saying it leaches some type of gas we ingest and breath and is causing us (humans) to produce less testosterone. and making young boys to have small testicles. It has been in the news every other day for the past three months. I didn't pay that much attention to it at first I just thought it was another one of those the sky is falling reports but now that I'm hearing about it on other radio stations and I read about it in this past months muscle & Fitness magazine. the report came up as people are taking stainless steel drinking bottles to the gym because of the fear of plastics leaching this chemical I cannot remember what it is called. This might be what the contamination is your surgeon friend was talking about. you can see why this might be important to us. Test is our best friend. we want to keep as much as we can get.

Good info there. Best to be careful then just in case. I knew it is a gas from the plastic but never knew about the test thing. All I know is many plastics will poison the liquid over time. So the liquid then becomes poisonous to us. I doubt it being severe but I imagine it may cause stomach upsets or maybe be more serious. For stuff like gym bottles I am sure it will be fine. It might be different if your keeping liquid in over night or even days. I have it for the gym and then wash it and leave it emply till my next gym session.... but if I see any stainless steel drinking bottles I will defo buy one (might as well).

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Just been researching it and there are countless sites/articles discussing the subject. I will just copy part of the 1st article I looked at. When estrogen was mentioned I paid closer attention!

Bisphenol A (BPA), a compound in hard, clear polycarbonate plastics, is getting official scrutiny—and things are looking less than rosy for the controversial chemical. The U.S. government's National Toxicology Program yesterday agreed with a scientific panel that recently expressed concern about physiological changes that occur in people when they ingest BPA that has leached from plastics into their food. The Canadian government is even considering declaring the chemical toxic, reports today's New York Times. This could set the stage for banning it from plastic baby bottles, water bottles, and food containers. At the very least, some people will be even more eager to buy foods and beverages in BPA-free containers.

Related News
The Problem With Plastic
Report Shows Dangerous Chemical Can Leach From Baby Bottles
Heating Plastic Bottles Releases Potentially Harmful Chemical
Plastics Chemical of 'Some Concern' for Fetal, Child Health
Video: Conception to Birth
BPA has raised concerns because it appears to mimic the effects of estrogen, interfering with hormone levels and cell signaling systems. Previous studies have shown that people exposed to high levels of BPA have a greater risk of developing uterine fibroids, breast cancer, decreased sperm counts, and prostate cancer.

There are numerous atricles explaining about the danger of leaving liquids in plastic bottles in warm temperatures. Like if you leave it in your car it says it may only take 24hrs and the liquid is contaminated.