©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

hamstring exercises

OzMonster

Jun 30, 2008
Australia
Does anyone know any good hamstring exercises, im tore my hamstring about 8 weeks ago and i need to strengthen the hammy, i need to try and stretch it out as i dont want short tight hammy's as i play a running sport...

also can the gear cause u to tear a hammy? 1 of the docs here said that being on the gear could have contributed to it...i think hes talkin crap and just tryin to stop me from gettin on it.... :mad:

opinions or info??

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
there are too many variables to answer your question honestly. It can depend on the gear and the type of injury. tearing a muscle is one thing and tearing a tendon and or ligament is something else. I once saw a young man in my gym break his ulna bone doing heavy curls. He was on the gear. What happened was he did not spend enough time in the gym before he got on the gear. his muscles grew stronger but the bones, tendons and ligaments did not have time to catch up. If he had spent a few more years in the gym working through Plato's he would not have had this problem.

OzMonster

Jun 30, 2008
Australia
more info

I was on 40mg of dbol a day and test e 600mg a week broken into 2 300mg shots a week. the hamstring was a muscle tear not a tendon or ligament....does this info help??

any ideas for good hammy exercises

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
OzMonster said:
Does anyone know any good hamstring exercises, im tore my hamstring about 8 weeks ago and i need to strengthen the hammy, i need to try and stretch it out as i dont want short tight hammy's as i play a running sport...

also can the gear cause u to tear a hammy? 1 of the docs here said that being on the gear could have contributed to it...i think hes talkin crap and just tryin to stop me from gettin on it.... :mad:

opinions or info??

stiff legged deadlifts really stretch the hams.

rhinofight

Jul 2, 2008
Nothing beats deadlifts, good mornings, and glute ham raises for developing the hammies. As I understand it hams are predominately fast twich and respond best to < 8reps