©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Horrible Pain!!

W

wolfyEVH

ok guys, help me out here.....for the past few months (almost a year) i've been getting this pain in my forarm from my elbow down to my carpals. Its not actually my elbow, but like my brachial radialus. It gets aggrevated when i do heavy flys and when i squat (i know sounds odd). Well today during squats, after my last set, i was almost in tears from the pain in my arm. I had to quit my workout today short...i couldnt even do leg press cause my arm hurt so damn bad. I'm guessing its some sort of nerve i'm pinching. I dont think any muscles are pulled, cause itll hurt after a workout, but be fine a few hours. Well its been about hour after and its still hurting me, not as bad as it was, but still killing me. To show you where it hurts, hold your right arm out, palm up.....its like a quarter inch to the left of where your elbow is, deep inside the muscle. I couldnt do a hammer curl right now w/ a 5 lb dumbell. My forearms are somewhat weak, i dont know if thats part of the problem. It sucks cause now i feel it a litle bit in the left arm as well. Don't think its tennis elbow, because its not the actual elbow that is hurting, but the muscle. When i left the gym, it was like pulsating and was just killing me. It is honestly one of the worst pains I have ever had in my life. I'm prolly gonna go to the doctor on monday and I think I'm gonna stop working out for a week. If anyone has any insite on what this may be, i'd appreciate it! Squats seem to hurt it the worse...i dont know if its because my forearm is extended backwards and pinching a nerve or what. Squats, flies, and curls/hammer curls aggrevate it the most in that order. Thanks guys!

Stumpy_41

Sep 29, 2004
SE Washington State
RE: Heavy ...

I think I know what muscle your talking about.

Whenever I do heavy squats and curls (specificaly hammers and reverses) it agitates the he!! out of this muscle and .. well, if it hurts as bad as you say then it'll be more than a week before it heals.

For my own experience anyways - all curls were off for a few weeks.

- Stopped doing curls near any leg days ...
- Had to go really light on hammers and reverses .. for a while.
- Lots of warm ups for biceps .... .
- had to reposition the bar on squats to keep from injury to this muscle from reoccuring.

Stumpy

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Neither tennis elbow nor golfers elbow are actually in the elbow. Symptoms of golfers elbow include tenderness and pain at the medial epicondyle. The pain can be made worse by flexing (bending) the wrist. The pain may spread down the forearm. Activities that use the flexor muscles in a bending motion or grasping with the hand can make matters worse. Whether it is tennis elbow or golfers elbow is determined by which side of the elbow the flexors are affected.
I've had this problem in both elbows at one time and right now in just my left. I've had it for at least 3 years. I live on Aleve. It almost takes the pain away, but not completely. I have tried glucosamine and chondroiten supplements, but they didn't do jack. I've read recently that flax oil, at 4 to 5 tablespoons a day will heal it. So, I am trying that. I wrap mine in a compression bandage when I work out and that helps my workouts immensely. (It's actually a one of those knee braces you can get at drugstores.)
If the flax oil doesn't work, I'm going to try Adaquan again.
I've also read that direct forearm work to strengthen those muscles will help.

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Sorry, i don't want to make this an INJURY board, but i would like to ask you guys something as well....Each bladdy morning when i wake up, my SHOULDERS pain like HELL...( this is happening for the past 5 weeks now, nearly since i started BB )...Then, after a while, it will go away....Could it be the strain of my workouts on the shoulder bones???....i am 44
Shit i'm worried....cause mostly what you do, your shoulders works as well...:-(

W

wolfyEVH

thanks for the info all.....i may have to try the flax oil....until then, i may get me a wrap......i guess i should start taking aleve since advil and all OTC anti-inflamatories are horrible for protein synthesis and i don't want that. it feels perfectly fine now. Just really weird, it was abosolutely horrible tonight.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Robin Hood said:
Sorry, i don't want to make this an INJURY board, but i would like to ask you guys something as well....Each bladdy morning when i wake up, my SHOULDERS pain like HELL...( this is happening for the past 5 weeks now, nearly since i started BB )...Then, after a while, it will go away....Could it be the strain of my workouts on the shoulder bones???....i am 44
Shit i'm worried....cause mostly what you do, your shoulders works as well...:-(
I have the same problem. It's partly just cuz we are getting older and things just hurt and it's partly because we are sleeping on a shoulder that is tightened up from working out. As long as it goes away during the day, there is nothing to worry about, but if you are doing certain movements such as pulldowns behind the neck or military presses behind the neck, quit now. Those movements can cause serious rotator cuff problems especially once you start putting some serious weight on the bar.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
wolfyEVH said:
thanks for the info all.....i may have to try the flax oil....until then, i may get me a wrap......i guess i should start taking aleve since advil and all OTC anti-inflamatories are horrible for protein synthesis and i don't want that. it feels perfectly fine now. Just really weird, it was abosolutely horrible tonight.
With Aleve or any generic naproxen sodium, I can take 1 200mg tab at 6 am and another at 6 pm and get relief all day long. I had to tke up to 600mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours to get the same result. NSAIDS are worse than oral AAS for your liver also, so the least you can take to get by the better. Have you read the info on Adequan yet? It looks promising.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
ii use ibuprofen, but i stopped doing and curls for a bit, or at least took it down and it worked. for now.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
TexasCreed said:
I use ibuprofen, but I stopped doing and curls for a bit, or at least took it down and it worked. for now.
I can't make myself do that. It took me so long to get to 18" and I'm trying to get to 20" now, that I won't do anything to go backwards.

W

wolfyEVH

DragonRider said:
With Aleve or any generic naproxen sodium, I can take 1 200mg tab at 6 am and another at 6 pm and get relief all day long. I had to tke up to 600mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours to get the same result. NSAIDS are worse than oral AAS for your liver also, so the least you can take to get by the better. Have you read the info on Adequan yet? It looks promising.

just did a search and found out its for horses and dogs. Are the any guys on the boards who have tried this stuff? it does look like good stuff.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
wolfyEVH said:
just did a search and found out its for horses and dogs. Are the any guys on the boards who have tried this stuff? it does look like good stuff.
That is true for the USA. However, in Europe they are already using it on humans under another name. Some of the other boards are using it and say they are getting good results.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Hey dragon, 18' biceps are real good! Do you do low volume, ie: 6 sets, or high volume, ie: 9 or more sets? My biceps have actually shrunk this year ;( from over-training.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
i like to mix it up and start with heavier low sets and then go lighter and more sets. but i only have 16, but am gaining.