©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Shoulder Injury ..

Stumpy_41

Sep 29, 2004
SE Washington State
Damn-it .. I can't believe it but yes .. the Stumpster himself has sustained a shoulder injury.

It sucks! .. . I benched heavy (435x3) and next thing I know my rear delt is killing me .. now it's popping everytime I let my arm hang loosely at my side.

Does that sound like a rotor cuff??? I mean the pain is definitely in the rear delt .. I can feel the strain or pull across the front & side delt area .. but like I said .. when I let my arm hang loosely to the side it starts popping .. like something is out of place ...

.. being the dumb arse I am I tried to bench real light today .. and couldn't even get up 145 without severe pain ....

.. I'm testing for my PT Certification and was getting ready to start a pre-contest cycle .. frickin' sucks! I've never had any injuries at all ...

Stumpy

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
yeah it's your rotator. Sounds like obviously you got strong shoulders and sounds like you might have some imbalance in your shoulders. basically you have overdeveloped front deltoids compared to the rear which are pulling the shoulder girdle forward. That's why your feeling the pain in the front and side. that sucks bro, sorry to hear it

Stumpy_41

Sep 29, 2004
SE Washington State
I was reading this 4 part series on the rotor cuff .. I wonder if this dude knows what he's talking about?

Maybe I can train around this, give it some time to see if it heals and try to rehab it ...

I was wondering if you guys read this .. think this Andrew Lock guy knows his stuff??

Stumpy

http://www.aussiebodies.com.au/topics/muscle/features/weight+training/the+pain+of+shoulder+injuries+(part+4).htm

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Stumpy_41 said:
I was reading this 4 part series on the rotor cuff .. I wonder if this dude knows what he's talking about?

Maybe I can train around this, give it some time to see if it heals and try to rehab it ...

I was wondering if you guys read this .. think this Andrew Lock guy knows his stuff??

Stumpy

http://www.aussiebodies.com.au/topics/muscle/features/weight+training/the+pain+of+shoulder+injuries+(part+4).htm
Sounds very plausible to me.
I've read a lot of articles that say if you can train around an injury it has benefits that help the injury heal that much faster. Total rest is often the worst thing you can do.