©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Stretchmarks from muscle growth

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I have finally got my first few stretch marks from rapid growth. was wondering who else has got some. mine are under my left armpit, and arent too bad, but still. Here is an article i found about treatments:

WebMD Medical Reference in collaboration with

Stretch Marks

Skin Basics
Cosmetic Procedures Basics
Skin Problems and Solutions
Cosmetic Problems
Spider and Varicose Veins
Non-Surgical Skin Treatments
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Body Contouring Cosmetic Surgery
Breast Plastic Surgery
Other Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
Recovering from Cosmetic Surgery
Beauty Basics
Skin Care Products Basics

To the Skin Care Center

Unfortunately, skin will not bounce back in its pure state if it's been stretched by rapid growth due to pregnancy, weight gain, or extreme weight loss. Instead, it becomes decorated by a form of scarring called stretch marks, or striae. Stretch marks often start off as reddish or purplish in color, then become glossy skin that appears streaked in silver or white.

Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain it shape. However, when constantly stretched, the dermis can break leaving behind stretch marks.

Men and women can get stretch marks on several areas of their bodies, including the abdominal area, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms or lower back.

What Can I Do About Stretch Marks?

There are several treatment options for stretch marks. If you are serious about dealing with unwanted stretch marks, it's best to be in the care of a surgeon or dermatologist who can recommend your best options. He or she will take a detailed medical history, including medications you are taking. Some medications can cause stretch marks, and it is very important to be open and honest with your doctor. Those medications include hormones and steroids.

Surgical Methods

Dermabrasion or chemical peel can be used to address unwanted stretch marks, and there are new advances in laser surgeries. The degree of success with any treatment will be impacted by your age, your skin tone and even your diet. It's important to note that insurance coverage probably will not cover stretch mark removal because it is a cosmetic procedure (even if the stretch marks are particularly severe).

Lotions and Creams

There are plenty over-the-counter treatments for stretch marks. If you are a woman who is pregnant and you are concerned with stretch marks, let your physician know before you want to begin preventative treatment before your stomach starts growing. Often, your physician can recommend creams.

Diet and Exercise

Make sure you maintaining healthy skin! Mama always told you to drink plenty of water. Maybe she knew this: it helps prevent stretch marks, too! Proper water intake keeps your skin soft and less likely to develop stretch marks. Caffeine can increase your risk of stretch marks. If you're stuck on your caffeinated coffee or tea, make sure you balance the fluids. Drink just as much - or more - water as you drink coffee, tea or soda.

Remember, stretch marks can also result from nutritional deficiency. Be sure to consume foods that promote skin health:

Zinc-rich foods such as nuts or fish
Foods high in vitamins A, C, D, such as carrots, citrus fruits and milk.
Protein-rich foods (such as eggs).

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i got alot from my armpit across the top parts of my chest. They also go from the back of my armpits also. When i was younger i thought it was so cool to get them.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
cause one lady at work was like, you shooting up and finally today when i looked closer, they are stretch and im like dammit. but i'll take it :)