©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Max-OT on Cycle...

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Hey all. Wanted to get some opinions on training Max-OT style while 'enhanced'. Max-OT training focuses on heavy weights, abbreviated training of a bodypart once a week. That's direct training, anyway and a focus on recovery.

For example, a once per week chest workout might consist of a 4 set warmup (50%, 65%, 80%, 90% of working weight for 8,6,4,2) then work sets of:

Barbell Bench Press 3 x 4-6
Incline Bench Press 3 x 4-6
Dips 1 x 4-6 (added weight)

I've used this, as have clients of mine in the past with great success, albeit drug free. This is the curious part: If on cycle, would you think the results would be enhanced even more, or would you think this frequency of training not let you work/grow to your full potential since you are on cycle? I'd think the former myself (you do grow at rest after triggering growth).

TGR

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Hey all. Wanted to get some opinions on training Max-OT style while 'enhanced'. Max-OT training focuses on heavy weights, abbreviated training of a bodypart once a week. That's direct training, anyway and a focus on recovery.

For example, a once per week chest workout might consist of a 4 set warmup (50%, 65%, 80%, 90% of working weight for 8,6,4,2) then work sets of:

Barbell Bench Press 3 x 4-6
Incline Bench Press 3 x 4-6
Dips 1 x 4-6 (added weight)

I've used this, as have clients of mine in the past with great success, albeit drug free. This is the curious part: If on cycle, would you think the results would be enhanced even more, or would you think this frequency of training not let you work/grow to your full potential since you are on cycle? I'd think the former myself (you do grow at rest after triggering growth).

TGR

That style of training is other very useful method. I assume you are only doing 1 bodypart most days so likely to be weight training 5 days per week. It can be adapted so 1/2 parts are used and less days in the gym.

The answer to that question is a very general one imo. The answer is simply yes the results will be enhanced. The point is that method of training (like many) is usually very successful in natural lifters. You know that more than anyone on here cos you have personally tried it and have given it to others to try.

AAS should always enhance any successful training method. AAS will provide the lifters with more strength, stamina and recovery. Therefore during the above style the weights used are likely to increase week after week.

The key with AAS is although it provided you with more stamina and recovery you shouldn't be upping your days significantly. Many think cos their on they can go everyday and lift to their max each day. As you know muscles grow in recovery. So I wouldn't change a thing most of the time when going from off to on. I would just be prepared to adapt cos AAS will help you reach your goals faster than ever. So when your on it just means your recovery is faster so by the time you train again you have fully recovered and can lift to your maximum.

You were curious about other possibility. You wrote 'or would you think this frequency of training not let you work/grow to your full potential since you are on cycle. I would say it is the reverse of that. Like I said gear would help you grow to your full potential. But the answer can be a complex one and different for everyone. Meaning if you are talking about a 21/22 year old who is using this style of training then he is likely to be far from is natural potential anyway. But in terms of results from a style such as Max-OT then the gear will only help matters. The answer is the same for any style of traning... without gear it can be excellent/amazing results but with gear this results will always be better/enhanced.

Probably said everything you already know but that is my opinion.

My arse is sore... injected 3ml about 6 hours ago :( I started my cycle on Tues... finally :) Dbol is the best

Last edited:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks much for that input bro. You are correct in that I'm not planning on changing anything that worked so well off cycle. :D
Sorry about yer arse, but I guess that's par for the course! Let us know how this cycle goes man!

TGR

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks much for that input bro. You are correct in that I'm not planning on changing anything that worked so well off cycle. :D
Sorry about yer arse, but I guess that's par for the course! Let us know how this cycle goes man!

TGR

Yeah I just said stuff you already know. When I go on cycle I just keep it the same but obviously intensity will increase. Although I am considering going up in days training per week soon.

Probably too much info about the inj. I injected in my ventrogluteal for the first time. I usually just do the gluteus maximus (glute) and never have a problem. But the ventro is suppose to be the best so I tried it. Inj was cool and I felt good. But just been abit sore. Felt like my right hip had been replaced with one from an old man with arthritis.

I will let you know how I get on. My first injections were fairly low. But yesterday I started on my highest dose for the cycle. Incidentally my highest dose this cycle is still low (as explained in other thread). My last cycle was up to 1000mg of test. But this time I think 500mg is plenty as I don't want too much size (water) throughout my cycle. That is coupled with 400mg of mast 200 per week. So I simply mix the 2 and do two 3ml injection per week (Mon and Thurs).

I am kickstarting with dbol at 40mg per day. It's been 7 days so far and I have put on 7 pounds and feel good. I don't feel the usual buzz from the dbol as usual but it is still great. I hope to put on about 20 pounds in the 4 weeks of dbol and then the test would have kicked in and well... good times. Gonna do 40mg of winny for the last 4 weeks. I will let you know how I get on.

Gonna change my avatar now... :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah I just said stuff you already know. When I go on cycle I just keep it the same but obviously intensity will increase. Although I am considering going up in days training per week soon.

Probably too much info about the inj. I injected in my ventrogluteal for the first time. I usually just do the gluteus maximus (glute) and never have a problem. But the ventro is suppose to be the best so I tried it. Inj was cool and I felt good. But just been abit sore. Felt like my right hip had been replaced with one from an old man with arthritis.

I will let you know how I get on. My first injections were fairly low. But yesterday I started on my highest dose for the cycle. Incidentally my highest dose this cycle is still low (as explained in other thread). My last cycle was up to 1000mg of test. But this time I think 500mg is plenty as I don't want too much size (water) throughout my cycle. That is coupled with 400mg of mast 200 per week. So I simply mix the 2 and do two 3ml injection per week (Mon and Thurs).

I am kickstarting with dbol at 40mg per day. It's been 7 days so far and I have put on 7 pounds and feel good. I don't feel the usual buzz from the dbol as usual but it is still great. I hope to put on about 20 pounds in the 4 weeks of dbol and then the test would have kicked in and well... good times. Gonna do 40mg of winny for the last 4 weeks. I will let you know how I get on.

Gonna change my avatar now... :)

Yeah, ventro has little fat, lots of muscle to accept the injection. That comes with a price though! Cycle sounds like a nice one. And as always, the av does not disappoint! :D

TGR

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Yeah, ventro has little fat, lots of muscle to accept the injection. That comes with a price though! Cycle sounds like a nice one. And as always, the av does not disappoint! :D

TGR

I had a very stupid moment. I just looked at this thread and thought why did I do a 3ml inj cos I am using mast 200. Basically been double dosing :) For some reason I have just thought I had mast and thought 2ml would be 200mg. So I just shot 250mg of test and 400mg of mast and would have carried on doing that twice weekly if I hadn't have catched on. Well atleast I know now and only done it twice. I guess it will be good protection for the dbol I am taking :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
I had a very stupid moment. I just looked at this thread and thought why did I do a 3ml inj cos I am using mast 200. Basically been double dosing :) For some reason I have just thought I had mast and thought 2ml would be 200mg. So I just shot 250mg of test and 400mg of mast and would have carried on doing that twice weekly if I hadn't have catched on. Well atleast I know now and only done it twice. I guess it will be good protection for the dbol I am taking :)

Better late than never I guess!

LOL