©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

GABA question

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
okay, i'm going to be rambling on here, but i want to get all my info out. I currenty take 150mg of zoloft every morning and 1mg ativan and 100-200mgs trazadone at nite. to sleep. i have problems sleeping at nite when on a cycle. but i'm tired of the traz, it makes me eat like a pig and then i get indegestion at nite and so i wake up anyways and to top it off i have weird nitemares on the shit and wake up grogy.
I was thinking of taking GABA and melatonin and dropping the traz. But i know to take 3mg of melatonin but the GABA i never took and i see it is a neurotransmiter. will that fuck with my zoloft? I got AST Sports Science GABA, powder and it says to take 3-5mg at bed. but no bodyweight or any other info. I'm just concerned about it being a neurot and with my zoloft. I dont want to ask my doctor he already thinks i'm fucked up. thanks guys any thoughts would be appriciated....rot

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
okay, i'm going to be rambling on here, but i want to get all my info out. I currenty take 150mg of zoloft every morning and 1mg ativan and 100-200mgs trazadone at nite. to sleep. i have problems sleeping at nite when on a cycle. but i'm tired of the traz, it makes me eat like a pig and then i get indegestion at nite and so i wake up anyways and to top it off i have weird nitemares on the shit and wake up grogy.
I was thinking of taking GABA and melatonin and dropping the traz. But i know to take 3mg of melatonin but the GABA i never took and i see it is a neurotransmiter. will that fuck with my zoloft? I got AST Sports Science GABA, powder and it says to take 3-5mg at bed. but no bodyweight or any other info. I'm just concerned about it being a neurot and with my zoloft. I dont want to ask my doctor he already thinks i'm fucked up. thanks guys any thoughts would be appriciated....rot

Hey man. I just received another bottle of AST's GABA two days ago. I love it.
Typically, I'll use about 3 gms nightly when on it. I'm about 205 lbs. Personally, I get a little flushed, heart rate goes up, breathing slightly taxed which for some is normal. Then it's sleepy time. I love that. My dreams are usually very pleasant and vivid and the night seems 100 hrs. long! You really feel rested. That however means little as I do not take the things you do. I just wanted to provide my experience with it. As far as your doc goes...unfortunately, most docs won't/can't recommend supplements and frankly, many discourage their use which I'm sure you know already.
I'm thinking you should just do as much research as possible and maybe even contact Paul Cribb or Delia over at AST. They are very helpful and may direct you towards medical studies regarding interactions or application of the compounds you mentioned in controlled studies. I've reached out to them via email and have received replies. They are very willing to assist people which is nice to see. I'd try contacting them with your concerns. You're wise to actually THINK before acting. Maybe you'll rub off on some people we've seen posting on the interwebz...

Stay well,

TGR

Last edited:

radic

Mar 10, 2009
I use GABA in caps . (GABA (HGH Booster) )

If you're stressed out, actually have a brain, and value your mind, but can't think clearly because you're overwhelmed, GABAtropin is absolutely wonderful.

But I don't know how it will interact with zoloft

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

You could try half the suggested dosage to see if you have any issues. If not, then increase your dosage.

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
TGR, i have talked to AST and they saw no reason why not to take, infact they said it would be much better than the trazadone i was taking. Thanks for the advice And i also took Alins advice and started with 2 grams, combined with the melatonin i slept like a baby and woke up fresh! Unlioke the trazadone where i would need 4 cups of coffee and 1 hour just to get moving. thanks for the advice gentlemen:)..rot

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
TGR, i have talked to AST and they saw no reason why not to take, infact they said it would be much better than the trazadone i was taking. Thanks for the advice And i also took Alins advice and started with 2 grams, combined with the melatonin i slept like a baby and woke up fresh! Unlioke the trazadone where i would need 4 cups of coffee and 1 hour just to get moving. thanks for the advice gentlemen:)..rot

You're welcome bro, my pleasure. Let us know how you make out.

TGR.