©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Respect

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I was sitting here reading some of the post's and ran into one that bothered me to write this thread. I'm not going to go into details on what was said you probably read it and just skipped over it like a normal comment. We all make jokes at the expense of one another which is a great thing to do to make the ANASCI forum more enjoyable. However we must all still consider that the "members" are not the only one's reading the threads. I myself have no problems with "homosexual" jokes or "Ethnic" jokes and so on. It's merely how one "words" what they say. Theirs a fine line that seperates tasteful kidding to obscene and down right disrespectful. Now i know some of you are saying "who the hell does oracle think he is, he's not a mod". True to that fact, however i am an individual who probably stands with alot of others when i say that I respect the "people" of this board no matter what sexual orientation they are or ethnic background you never know who reads what you write. And that type of tasteless disrespect to one's being should not go without being noted, i presume we would like everyone to "FEEL WELCOME to ANASCI. All i ask and i'm sure again i'm not the only that will agree with this, is that let's continue on with the verbal bashing if you will of one another, but still staying within the line of respect to others. Were all adults and are smart enough to think of a way to be humerous without saying what we say in an ugly conotation.

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Hey Oracle.......i'm 100% sure the other guys was just pulling your leg.....so stop f'n worrying......lol

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Tell you what Oracle.......be glad these guys are joking with you.....this means they've accepted you as a friend....Here ( hopefully ) we are all mates...:)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i understand what your saying but what i'm merely trying to say ist that....it's not what we say it's how we say it. In other words different words can have the same meaning without being offensive

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Robin Hood said:
Tell you what Oracle.......be glad these guys are joking with you.....this means they've accepted you as a friend....Here ( hopefully ) we are all mates...:)

What's funny about this is that what was said wasn't about me....it was about someone else. I just thought it could have been said using different words.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Well, tell you what...You know Elton John??...he is a homo....and let me tell you one thing....i CRAVE his music, and yet, I'm not a homo......so.......moral of the story??...Fuck what ppl THINK you are.....it's the insides that count..:)

wacobeshears

Jan 8, 2005
In a town near you.
I understand and respect what your saying, and appreciate the advice that you give. I also respect you trying to referee this thing, but I think your taking this thing way to serious. I mean, a person shouldn't have to tip toe around being overly cautious about the way they say something because some super sensitve punk thinks the way it was stated was offensive. I'm white and if some one calls me peckerwood I'm not going to cry and boo hoo over the incident. I think if something like that bothers a person they may need to check themselves. Only someone very shallow would be offended by that. Needless to say I will try to refer to faggots as homosexuals from now on. Just a joke. Easy now.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Robin Hood said:
Well, tell you what...You know Elton John??...he was a homo....and let me tell you one thing....i CRAVE his music, and yet, I'm not a homo......so.......moral of the story??...Fuck what ppl THINK you are.....it's the insides that count..:)

LOL you make it sound like i'm gay and got offended. I'm married with 3 boys ;) and have friends who are gay. I just feel not just in this case but in others as well, that what we say can be taken in such a negative way....but if we word it differently it won't be taken as harsh.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
True.....maby oracle IS to sensitive........no offence my friend.....let bygone's be bygone's ;)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
wacobeshears said:
Needless to say I will try to refer to faggots as homosexuals from now on. Just a joke. Easy now.

You ass....lol. I wasn't referring to you specifically. I'm talking about words in general. I'm not offended by anything anyone says. I just would hate to have new visitors come in and read something like that and turn away thinking we were biggits or racists in here when in fact were not.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
alright....i guess my voice was heard...well at least between the 3 of us who read this thread. lol

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Oracle....let me tell you something....i KNOW you are not gay....and never have said it as well....remember...it is VERY difficult to understand writing when there is no-one around so you can HEAR their tone of voice when they say it....Really...i do think maby you took it the wrong way somewhere along the line...just forget it my friend...life goes on....:)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Robin Hood said:
it is VERY difficult to understand writing when there is no-one around so you can HEAR their tone of voice when they say it

Exactly my point! Words can be said in so many different ways it's how we choose to express it that matters. Oh and i know you didn't think that about me ;) :D