©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New Workout Enuff?!

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Legs&Shoulders
*Squats: 4 sets/ 15,12,10,6-8
*Leg Ext: 3 Sets/ 6-8
*Leg Curls: 3 Sets/ 6-8
*Calf Raises: 3 sets / 15-20
*Incline Bench Press: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Military Press: 4 sets / 15, 12, 10, 6-8
*Dumb Lateral Raises: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Rear Delt Extensions: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Shrugs: 4 sets/ 15-20

Chest&Triceps
*Dumb Bench Press: 4 Sets/ 15, 12, 10, 6-8
*Decline Hammer Strength Press: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Butterflies: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Pull Overs: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Tricep Extension: 4 sets/ 12, 10, 8, 6
*Skull Crushers: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Dips: 3 sets/ 6-8

Back& Biceps
*Lat Pulls: 4 sets/ 15, 12, 10, 6-8
*DeadLifts: 4 Sets/ 6-8
*Dumb Rows: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Close Grip Pull Downs: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Seated Dumb Curls: 4 sets/ 6-8
*Preacher Curls (hammer strength) 3 sets/ 6-8
*Reverse Barbell Curls: 3 sets/ 6-8
*Forearm Curls Front/Revers: 3 sets/ 10-12

*One Ab Exercise @ End (varies): 4 sets/15-20

All advice welcome. Wondering...what rep range is recommended for Calves, Traps, and forearms to get great size?! All other advice on sets, reps, over training, cardio..etc is welcome.

thanx

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Anyone..i know theres lotta opinions. I just wana a rep range, cardio range or number in exercises that WONT be overtraining?!

Thankx

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
Hell Swull I like it. I like the intensity with the reps and range. Looks like a week that would end in exhaustion for me cause I like going heavy. Seems as tho the exercises are grouped together well also. Is this off cycle training or on?? Looks like a great routine to ad some good size and strength. Oh yeah and I also like the preexhaust rep range for your first excercise in each training day. Looks good to me Id use this routine.

Last edited:

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
This is actually gonna be off cycle..to help get me back to my natural range. Haven't hit the gym AS har in past few months, so before cycling just using some creatine supps and dieting. Looking for some solid mass and size until april/june, then gonna cycle and pick up on cardio to cut for summer. Thanks for the opinion, and sorry so late.

Any opinions/advice and tips are welcome!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Anyone..i know theres lotta opinions. I just wana a rep range, cardio range or number in exercises that WONT be overtraining?!

Thankx

Are you splitting this routine or doing it all in the same day? How often are you training per week?

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
3 x per week I lift and the routine is split like it's grouped: Legs n Shoulders day 1...Chest n Triceps day 2..etc..but plan to move to four days focusing on weaker body parts after about 2 months and back at natural strength

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
3 x per week I lift and the routine is split like it's grouped: Legs n Shoulders day 1...Chest n Triceps day 2..etc..but plan to move to four days focusing on weaker body parts after about 2 months and back at natural strength

If you can do it without overtraining and it works for you then I say go for it.
Mixing routines up here and there is a good idea anyway.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
If you can do it without overtraining and it works for you then I say go for it.
Mixing routines up here and there is a good idea anyway.

Actually that's one of my biggest concerns..i think overtraining has held me back in the past. Do you think I should cut it back while im off cycle and building back up....and if so. What would u suggest to trim the routine down without major sacrificing?!

Thanks alll!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Actually that's one of my biggest concerns..i think overtraining has held me back in the past. Do you think I should cut it back while im off cycle and building back up....and if so. What would u suggest to trim the routine down without major sacrificing?!

Thanks alll!

Maybe you could just focus on compound exercises and avoid some of the isolation type exercises. You could also reduce your sets and to increase intensity cut back on rest in between sets.

Ironaddict

Apr 20, 2005
In my own world
Again everyone has an opinion so here is another. You may want to consider not mixing (2) large muscles groups into one work out. The correct blood volume delivered to one group maximizes the perpetual pump and maximizes the growth and gains to that muscle area. Example taking in a large amounts of protein and BCAA as well as a moderate amount of sugar for glucose transportation is VITAL for post work out. Now if you trying to get the maximum shuttled to (2) area's rather than one your limiting the amount of all items ingested. Overtraining seems to be a concern so maybe target each muscle group and change up the routine every other work out. just some thoughts. Also consider the larger muscle groups and that lactic acid will be in a higher conentration when switching to the other muscle to train limiting the strength and possibly the endurance for drop sets or failure!

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks..this is the first workout i really plan to incorporate cardio and stick to it consistently. What's an ideal time setting if sticking to an eliptical or free jogging outside. Lots of trails in the mountains around me so might be doing that as warms up..i still am looking for solid size and starting cycle here within couple months. I can cut naturally on my own afterwards..but dont want to overdue cardio while on either..just want it to help recover, blood flow, reduce body fat..etc.?

Gettinhuge_pump

I have always HATED cardio w a passion and had a hard time making myself do it until joining the army several years ago. They are HUGE on running and although I absolutely hated it, I learned to appreciate its many benefits. In my opinion there is not a better way to burn calories (aside from sex lol) and get rid of fat, not to mention doing wonders for your and and core along with overall stamina. I also found that I felt much better throughout the day after a good run. Now, I incorporate running in my workout whether I'm on a bulk or cut cycle at least 3 days a week at at least 2 miles a session and a max of 5. I prefer running outside on the road when weather allows it-I enjoy the sunshine and love the looks, stares, and waves I get from females :) but I don't mind the treadmill either when needed and there are usually some hott mommas on them if you go at the right time of day...if ur married like me then lookin is all u can do but hell that's fine w me-everybody deserves a little eye candy and some motivation :)

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I have always HATED cardio w a passion and had a hard time making myself do it until joining the army several years ago. They are HUGE on running and although I absolutely hated it, I learned to appreciate its many benefits. In my opinion there is not a better way to burn calories (aside from sex lol) and get rid of fat, not to mention doing wonders for your and and core along with overall stamina. I also found that I felt much better throughout the day after a good run. Now, I incorporate running in my workout whether I'm on a bulk or cut cycle at least 3 days a week at at least 2 miles a session and a max of 5. I prefer running outside on the road when weather allows it-I enjoy the sunshine and love the looks, stares, and waves I get from females :) but I don't mind the treadmill either when needed and there are usually some hott mommas on them if you go at the right time of day...if ur married like me then lookin is all u can do but hell that's fine w me-everybody deserves a little eye candy and some motivation :)

I use cardio for heart health and resistance training is the best for fatloss imo. But nothing beats a fit lady with assets running on the treadmill... although I guess it's cos of people like us that many of them stay in the small ladies section in my gym :( Have to add I am always respectful but it's hard not to stare :)

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
This workout is now officially...ON CYCLE. Really focusing on chest and abdominals this cycle. Those are the two I've never been able to peak yet within routines.

What type of cardio should i stay away from, considering i don't want to cut up...but just put some CRAZY size on? Slow walk, jog, sprints, etc..?

IF i want to bump up to 4 days a week, to give my chest and back a day of their own, any suggestions on the split?

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Routine is going good...arms exploded and legs doing well. Still lacking in the chest and back width. Thinking of pushing the routine to 4 days a week instead of 3.

What's a good split if focusing on chest in priority, and then back next. My arms are doing fine, so not worried there, and legs have been great too.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Any ideas at all. Right now I've got this split, but unsure if I should add exercises to my current routine listed bove, or just go heavier and more intense and focus on the areas.

Day1- Chest
Day 2- Back
Day 3- Bis and Tric
Day 4- Legs and Shoulders

Any advice welcome as always. Growing great, but not as much size for 5 weeks in as I wanna have.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Alright, i'll stick with what I have and keep everyone updated at end of cycle/routine about gains