©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

working out during a cycle

affliction73

Apr 11, 2011
I have heard and read different things about a workout routine and would love some help from you guys here. When hitting the gym can you hit like chest & triceps one day then legs the following day then biceps, shoulders & back the next day consecutively or should you wait a day before hitting another muscle group? While still doing cardio a few days a week?

I have been working out hitting differnt muscle groups everyday with the weekends off. I am going to start my cycle and want to go about this the right way.

Would love any info that I can get from you all

Last edited:

Lee39

Aug 4, 2009
Nicosia, Cyprus
Never neglect your rest, whether you're on or off-cycle. Your body will thank you for it. If doing biceps, shoulders and back together works for you, stick with it, but to me it seems like you're going to be doing an awful lot of sets with a workout like that, and I'd doubt you'd be giving it anything like your all at the end of that workout. Even off-cycle, it wouldn't be unusual to be doing something like 16-20 sets for a major body part like back, throw in another 16 for delts and, say, 10 for biceps, and you've got yourself a 42-46 set workout. There's no way you can do justice to a workout like that. If you're a novice trainer who can get away with fewer sets than that, then you might get away with doing those three together, but then if you're a novice you shouldn't be on the gear anyway.

Think about maybe structuring your workouts differently. I'm training everything once a week at the mo, and while I realise that doesn't work for everyone, it's worth considering. I know other people who have had great results on it too. That way you can go in and really blast one bodypart at a time five days a week, doing your biceps and triceps together for one workout and getting two rest days every week. Just a suggestion...

Last edited:

Gettinhuge_pump

Never neglect your rest, whether you're on or off-cycle. Your body will thank you for it. If doing biceps, shoulders and back together works for you, stick with it, but to me it seems like you're going to be doing an awful lot of sets with a workout like that, and I'd doubt you'd be giving it anything like your all at the end of that workout. Even off-cycle, it wouldn't be unusual to be doing something like 16-20 sets for a major body part like back, throw in another 16 for delts and, say, 10 for biceps, and you've got yourself a 42-46 set workout. There's no way you can do justice to a workout like that. If you're a novice trainer who can get away with fewer sets than that, then you might get away with doing those three together, but then if you're a novice you shouldn't be on the gear anyway.

Think about maybe structuring your workouts differently. I'm training everything once a week at the mo, and while I realise that doesn't work for everyone, it's worth considering. I know other people who have had great results on it too. That way you can go in and really blast one bodypart at a time five days a week, doing your biceps and triceps together for one workout and getting two rest days every week. Just a suggestion...

I'm doing the one body part per day routine w bi's/tri's combined and having great success w it!

affliction73

Apr 11, 2011
I think that is the way i am gonna go gettinhuge_pump. I talked with a couple of other people and they are doin the same thing but you have helped me out before and gonna take your advise again and do the one body part per day. I am gonna start my cycle this sunday and will let you all know my progress. I am gonna go 10 weeks with sus & dec. right now 5'8" 190lbs with about 15% BF.

Thanks again :smoking:

Last edited: