©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Great Dane

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Here's a totally unrelated question. Does anyone have experience with Great Danes? My 3 year old is an only child and I have read that although they are huge, they are very gentle with kids. Plus they're friggin cool looking.

W

wolfyEVH

they're very gentle....they make sure they dont tear the meat off of the bone when they bite their leg off

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
They are cool dogs. My buddy had a couple and they had awesome dispositions. You can make any dog a psycho nut though if you dont treat them right.

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
I have two rottweilers and they are very gentle with small kids. You keep them happy they wont eat you and shit on your floor. They just want to be part of the pack-family whatever. Oh and make sure he has some kind of purpose in life-job so to speak. Working dogs need to have a duty to perform every day.

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
Ive Got Three Great Danes Heres A Pic Of My Fuirst 2 When They Were Pups.

Attachments

• 000_0160.JPG
    000_0160.JPG
    852.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 000_0163.JPG
    000_0163.JPG
    662 KB · Views: 14

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
BIGSARGE said:
Ive Got Three Great Danes Heres A Pic Of My Fuirst 2 When They Were Pups.

I didn't see the dogs?....only 2 horses walking around a pond.... :confused:

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
parker123 said:
I have two rottweilers and they are very gentle with small kids. You keep them happy they wont eat you and shit on your floor. They just want to be part of the pack-family whatever. Oh and make sure he has some kind of purpose in life-job so to speak. Working dogs need to have a duty to perform every day.

I have seen Pitbulls suddenly turn on small children. They were like big babies for a couple of years - then one day they just decided to attack this kid. My uncle had to beat them to death to get them off the little girl.

P

pincrusher

i love great danes and want to get one but the wife thinks our house is to small. i will just have to bring one home one day and surprise her. think i will go through a rescue organization to get one though since they have more of a need for a good home than a newborn puppy.
original thought of getting a greyhound but we have 2 cats and most greyhounds i found out are not good around cats or small kids. they have a preditory instinct that makes them bad around kids or cats. about 75% of them are not good around either but they are very gentle around adults.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Yeah we thought about the greyhounds also but heard the same, not good around kids. Hey Sarge, besides the size of them, what is the biggest problem you've had.
I hear their life span is only 10yrs. average.