©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lagging bodypart

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Just wanted to throw this out. Nothing new but it may help some. Obviously there are many ways to go about training. Diet is everything. If your got a lagging bodypart why don't you start blasting it. Not in the sense of what all beginners do (set after set). To explain my calves were crap and now they are ok I done this by training them everyday I was in the gym (4-5 days per week).

This can be used for any bodypart but may have to be adjusted accordingly (calves are durable). I believe in all training methods so volume and frequency change throughout the year. But for this all I done was 1 exercise for calves at the end of every workout (you may want to do as 1st exercise). I went to faliure most times.

I would change everyday. Usually calf raises (machine, leg press, hoz leg press, hack squat), calf extensions etc. I would use drop sets, heavy weight, lighter weight, slow negatives, rest pause, high reps, pausing at full stretch for 10 sec etc. Each day finish with calves. This extra low volume but frequent training as yielded excellent results.

Just a thought if you want to try something different for a given bodypart. Just make sure diet (pre and post) are spot on and you don't do too many sets each day. It really makes you concentrate on the chosen bodypart and gives a focus to improving it.