©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anadrol counter-productive?

Lee39

Aug 4, 2009
Nicosia, Cyprus
I've just finished four weeks on Adrol at 100mg a day and, although the results can be amazing, I'm left wondering if there's much point in this stuff because of the sides. I put on 5lbs the first week, and consistently at a lower rate after that, but the well-reported sides of Adrol made me wonder if it is, in fact, counter-productive. I suffer very rarely from sides but, this time, I felt shite for pretty much the whole four weeks. So shite, actually, that I missed a few workouts, which I never normally do. I also couldn't sleep properly, so the general shiteness feeling was accompanied by fatigue too.

So, is there much point in it when it's accompanied by those sides? Most of the first week's gains is likely to have been water retention anyway, and it's debatable how much of the muscle added after that will be retained. It's just made me think whether it's worth it or not, and I'd be interested in your views on this.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Those are not typical side effects, so if you experience them, there are other options available. I can't use Tren. I develop breathing problems from it. On the other hand, it is very unfortunate to see bodybuilders refer to any substance as having no value because the gains are only "water weight" or "water retention."
That water retention is actually occuring inside the cells. Anything that expands the cells, whether it is water or oil (synthol), expands those cells past your genetic capability. Expanded cells become solid muscle eventually. We know that from seeing biopsies of muscles expanded through synthol use. This is also one of the mechanisms that make creatine so effective. Anyone that tells you they have discovered a creatine that gives you all of the benefits without that awful water retention, run the other way, they are stupid.
Water retention is absolutely essential to initially expand the cells past their genetic limitations to cause permanent musclcular growth. The longer one maintains those expanded cells, the greater the possibility that it will lead to a new homeostasis of growth.
I'm sorry. I know that isn't a popular conception, but I am living proof after 20 years of lifting with no gains, I added 1 and 1/2 inches of permanent growth to my arms with that pesky water weight from creatine.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I've just finished four weeks on Adrol at 100mg a day and, although the results can be amazing, I'm left wondering if there's much point in this stuff because of the sides. I put on 5lbs the first week, and consistently at a lower rate after that, but the well-reported sides of Adrol made me wonder if it is, in fact, counter-productive. I suffer very rarely from sides but, this time, I felt shite for pretty much the whole four weeks. So shite, actually, that I missed a few workouts, which I never normally do. I also couldn't sleep properly, so the general shiteness feeling was accompanied by fatigue too.

So, is there much point in it when it's accompanied by those sides? Most of the first week's gains is likely to have been water retention anyway, and it's debatable how much of the muscle added after that will be retained. It's just made me think whether it's worth it or not, and I'd be interested in your views on this.

Everyone is different. If x compound makes you feel like complete crap then don't you it. If it makes you feel like complete crap but you get good results then it's upto you.

Dragon provided excellent knowledge to why adrol works. If your diet and training is spot on then adrol is amazing. Strength is increased, thus, heavier lifting will create new muscle growth. It's also excellent during the last week or 3 before competing to keep you looking full (if everything else is spot on too).

My advice would be to try adrol again in the future. Try a different brand and make sure your diet is tight and see how you are. I have used it a few times and it has been different everytime. Lots of factors come into play. I have taken it once and not liked it but another time I felt like an animal in the gym and the pumps were insane. It always makes me feel abit sick but nothing too bad.

Many who get bad sides from adrol are on high sodium diets. This because they are bulking so the water weight can be too much. This can add to the pumps further making them painful. Moreover it is liver toxic. It also increases rbc. It doesn't bind to your receptors very effectively so large doses are needed. Basically it is strong stuff (high doses) so monitor your health (especialy bp). It isn't for eveyone so you decide. There are many alternatives out there.

Last edited: