©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Plogel Transdermal Formula Article

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
Ingredients:

-Lecithin with high phosphatidylecholing concentration the higher concentration of PS in the lecithin the better it is.

-Isopropyl palimate

-Surfactant (from or Surfactant Oil Blend - A proprietary blend of surfactants, including PS20)

-Isopropyl alcohol ( I got mine from health store for 0.99 cents per 8 Oz 91% pure)

-D-Limonene (optional)

How to prepare:
(oil phase)
-Weigh 50g of lecithin powder.
-In a beaker measure 120ML of Isopropyl palimate.
-Add the lecithin to the Isopropyl palimate in the beaker and mix. You can either leave the mix covered for one day and the lecithin will dissolve on its own. Or you can heat the mix with hot water path, but note phosphatidylecholing is very sensitive to heat, and it may be denatured.

Liquid phase :

Original formula of plo gel uses of Pluronic F127, which is a surfactant and detergent. Pluronic F127 Is hard to find, because it’s a patent surfactant. Now the main pupose of Pluronic F127 , is to mix the oil phase ( which is very thick and take long time to dry) with the polar solvents. it also helps to adjust the consistency and make it easier to apply and dose, it also good penetration enhancer. Now I replaced Pluronic F127, with surfactant blend from lemelange contains Polysorbate 20 (PS20), which is used in cosmetic products and acts very similar to Pluronic F127 ( mixes oils with with polar solvents).
Liquid phase acts mainly as solvent for the PH or AAS you going to choose.

this is called Lecithin Micro-emulation carrier (oil phase), tons of research done on this formula as a safe drug delivery system.

Preperation:

Measure and add 70ml of isopropyl alcohol/ 30ml of water to the oil phase, and mix .

Leave the mix to settle couple of minutes. You will notice 2 layers separated (oil and polar solvent) added 20 ml of surfactant blend and mix the solution. Now you can add 2ml of D-Limonene with each 10ml of surfactant. D-Limonene adds good citrus smell, helps mix the 2 layers, and its good penetration enhancer.

Leave the solution settle again, and when you notice separation of layers add more surfactant and D-Limonene . Keep repeating the step until the solution become unified solution, and no layers appear any more.

Finally add the PH, AAS, drug your gonna use to the solution, and mix very good until it dissolves. Amount of powder you can get in the gel depends on the solubility properties of drug you want to use. Most Phs and steroids dissolve at 200mg/ml-100mg/ml range.

PS: 10% addition of DMSO to solution, will give higher absorption rate than typical gels in market that contains DMSO , or PLO gel alone. I think addition of oleic acid will be great also, but will make solution very greasy.