©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Needlesn question.

bigtime1

Nov 15, 2011
Guys...do you think that 25g x 1 inch needles is too thin for a intramuscular injections? For my butt and my shoulders..

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
For glutes, I use 23g 1.5" pins. I use 25g 1" pins for all other injections.

mc63s

Apr 27, 2011
Guys...do you think that 25g x 1 inch needles is too thin for a intramuscular injections? For my butt and my shoulders..

depends on how lean you are. I use them for the majority of my injection.they should be fine.

private

May 10, 2011
When pushing a heavy viscous oil through a 25G pin you will find that it takes a lot of steady pressure to get the oil through. but nice thin needle inject with almost zero pain and a smooth injection with less scarring of the muscle tissue

J4CKT

AnaSCI VET
Feb 1, 2010
When pushing a heavy viscous oil through a 25G pin you will find that it takes a lot of steady pressure to get the oil through. but nice thin needle inject with almost zero pain and a smooth injection with less scarring of the muscle tissue

This :yeahthat:

Although it may take longer to shoot through a thinner needle. The slower you inject the better as you give the oil a chance to spread along the muscle fibres.

A smaller needle also means smaller tear in the skin and muscle fibres and less scar tissue.