©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Egg Whites

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
Hey everyone, I have not been getting my egg whites in the morning like I should. I have just been mixing a double dosed shake and having some oats. I just can't stomach the egg whites. My questions is: What if I just boil a dozon or so eggs and just eat the whites and throw the rest away, is that the same as cooking the egg whites on the stove? I can handle the boiled but not the goo that is in my pan when I cook them on the stove top

If this is the same how many G's of protein does i boiled egg white have? I am trying to eat 4 every morning ??

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
So would you say some oats, protein shake and 4 boiled egg whites is a pretty decent breakfast ?? I know the shake is fast acting but I would think the egg whites would take a little longer to digest until I make it to my next meal.

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
ronnier38930 said:
So would you say some oats, protein shake and 4 boiled egg whites is a pretty decent breakfast ?? I know the shake is fast acting but I would think the egg whites would take a little longer to digest until I make it to my next meal.

That is almost exactly my breakfast. I throw away the yolks. And I use a slower protien - use 100% whey after workout.

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
That is what I am trying to do. I figured the Whey shake (50g protein) would kick my metabo into gear and the egg whites would slow the digestion process so my metabo would stay active until my next meal. I use the oats because it seems to be a good carb source.

The grocery store check girl looks at me crazy when I buy 5 dozon eggs every week. I have been force feeding myself the cooked egg whites for a while now. I just boil a dozon or so then put in the refrigator for the next day. This is the only way I can eat egg whites with a little enjoyment(plus hot sauce).

My biggest problem is I work in an FDA regulated envoronment (drug manufacturer) so I "can't" have any food in my office. This makes it hard to get those meals in

EDIT: the above statement did not make any since by saying CAN

Last edited:

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
I know what you mean on the grocery list. I throw it on the counter, nothing but tuna, chicken, shit load of eggs, and something whole grain. I know they want to ask questions, but they don't. I would love to tell them I throw the eggs at my neighbors house. Keep eating.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Bros, you guys should try buying the whites in the cartons..where I live there pretty much the same price, and its so much easier to dump 15 eggwhites in a pan versus cracking all of them...

I got a question for you Recess...I can understand why you use a slow digesting protein in the AM, but I really feel this is the worse possible time for casein, or other slow digesting proteins. Unless, you cannot eat for a long period after.

I really believe that fast proteins are necessay upon waking as you have been in a catabolic state all night...and dont think that a bowl of cottage cheese before bed will last much longer than 4 hrs.

Personally, I think eggwhites are great at breakfast. I often eat 15 in the Am...they are fast digesting and very biologically active. I dont believe a slow digesting protein is good in the Am, this is one of the reasons many people eat the whites at breakfast, because they are so fast digesting, and can stop catabolism in its tracks.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
recess said:
That is almost exactly my breakfast. I throw away the yolks. And I use a slower protien - use 100% whey after workout.

My breakfast consists of a protein shake, 6 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 oz. oatmeal, and 1 banana.

70g protein
900 calories

P

pincrusher

here is the breakdown of an egg as far as nutritional content is involved:

An average sized egg (~50g), contains 39g water, 6.5g protein, 5.6g fat, 0.5g carbohydrates, and a host of vitamins and minerals. Egg yolk and egg white make up the egg, and have distinctly different nutrition values.

Egg Yolk Nutrition Fact:*

Large size - 17g
Water - 8.893g
Energy kcal - 54.740
Energy kj - 228.820
Protein - 2.696g
Total lipid (fat) - 4.512g
Cholesterol - 209.78mg
Carbohydrate- 0.610g

Egg White Nutrition Facts: *

Large size - 33g
Water - 28.898g
Energy kcal - 17.160
Energy kj - 71.280
Protein - 3.597g
Total lipid (fat) - 0.056g
Carbohydrate - 0.241g

** Values taken from the USDA Nutrition Database

As you can see the egg white contains more protein with almost no fat content, and no cholesterol, while the egg yolk has less protein, and all the fat and cholesterol! This has been the major reason why so many people eat egg whites and throw away the egg yolk. "Just think of all the fat and cholesterol", is what most people think.

Well, I should clear up a common misconception. Although egg yolks contain high amount of fat, it has only 1.6g of saturated fat (the bad kind), and the rest is poly and monosaturated fats which are the good fats.

Fat content in eggs - 5.6
Inc saturated - 1.6g
Monounsaturated - 2.4g
Polyunsaturated - 0.6g

Despite what you're taught to believe, a large portion of the fats in egg yolk are good fats! So eating just one yolk a day isn't going to do any harm. obviously for serious lifters who eat several up to dozens of eggs a day, its wise to eat only the egg white and just 1 or 2 egg yolks.

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
heavy said:
I got a question for you Recess...I can understand why you use a slow digesting protein in the AM, but I really feel this is the worse possible time for casein, or other slow digesting proteins. Unless, you cannot eat for a long period after.

I was told not to dump alot of calories in the AM. I do cardio before work. The protien that use is Pro-V60. I take a half serving whick gives 30gm protien. It is a blend of wheys, egg, and casien. I was using this because it was recommended. If you do not agree, please let me know. I use 100% whey post workout. This is why I post these thing, i need to find out what I am doing wrong. Thanks

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
I want to say i remember reading something where the egg yolk contains something that helps with brain function and eating 1-2 a day may be good for you. I will try to dig that article up.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
recess said:
I was told not to dump alot of calories in the AM. I do cardio before work. The protien that use is Pro-V60. I take a half serving whick gives 30gm protien. It is a blend of wheys, egg, and casien. I was using this because it was recommended. If you do not agree, please let me know. I use 100% whey post workout. This is why I post these thing, i need to find out what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Everyone has their own opinions on this stuff and it all depends on your goals. If you're trying to cut fat, then you obviously don't want to consume a lot of calories in the am, or any other time of day. If you want to gain weight, then you would take in 5000 calories a day, spread evenly throughout the day and broken up into 6 - 7 meals. Personally, I like to use more than just whey post workout. I like a meal consisting of about 80 grams of fast-burning carbs and 50 grams whey. I like the slow-burning carbs pre-workout to give me enough energy to get through a good 2-hour session.