©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

ab question

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
Gentleman,

I am trying a new ab routine and was wondering if this sounds good. I work my abs out eod.

1. I start with small crunches and pull my pelvis up with each contraction. I hold it for 3 seconds then release. I do this for 4 to minutes then take a break.

2. Then I use a cable and work my sides starting with 80 lbs. I do both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes each. Take a 1 minute break then jump to 100lbs and do both sides for the same amount of time. then I drop weight to 70lbs. and do that for the same time...then jump to 110 lbs. and do the same thing.

3. then I move the cable to the top position and use the rope and do crunches on my knees until I can't do anymore....Usually I can go for about 2 1/2 min. I take a break and do it again...usually 4 sets of this....

I repeat steps 1-3 about 4 times...I tell I am hurting my the next day. I was just wondering if I am getting the best out of my ab work out...

am I shocking my abs and sides enough? I am seeing results with the first week. Thanks for the replys and info...

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
an ab routine that was brought to my attention that is working wonders for me is this(Give it a try)

After a simple crunch routine go to the decline ab bench(Whatever you want to call it).

Use a 25-45 plate, depending on your strength, and slowly ease down until you hit the hardest point in this motion. This should be where you feel the most tension. Hold this position for 5 seconds, do 3-4 sets of 5 repetitions, remembering to keep a natural arch in your back.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
ill give it a try later today after class....is it hard on your lower back bc I have a bad back

P

pincrusher

leg raises work great for the lower part of your abs. crunches hit the upper part but dont do as well on the lower part right above the groin. you can do them lying down or sitting on the edge of a chair. i do them in bed at night while watching tv.
start out lying flat with your heels about 2 inches above the floor. raise your legs up as high as you can hold for a second then lower. do not go completely vertical or you will have your hips start to share the load with your lower abs.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
Yeah I used to do those but I would feel my hip flexers getting in the way...My lower back is all fucked up and I know your not supposed to arch your back because it brings the hips into play...I try to put my hand under my ass to stop this problem...it works but I feel it right around my navel and just a little bit below it...I don't feel it right by my groin...

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
billyc said:
Gentleman,

2. Then I use a cable and work my sides starting with 80 lbs. I do both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes each. Take a 1 minute break then jump to 100lbs and do both sides for the same amount of time. then I drop weight to 70lbs. and do that for the same time...then jump to 110 lbs. and do the same thing.

Just for the record I am against anything that incorporates weight for the obliques. Adding too much muscle there increases the overall size of your waist and I never had love handles until I started using weight while doing side bends.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
Yeah I have noticed that my obliques are getting bigger and more cut but at the same time I can see the wide part of it...my gym doesn't have a 45 degree oblique thing....whatever its called. any suggestions