©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First time with AAS for weightlifting performance

snatch

May 8, 2012
Hi all,

I'm 22 years old and 175cm at 79kg. I started powerlifting at 18 and switched to weightlifting in 77kg at 20. When I began lifting I was 61kg; I grew to 75kg in about a year and have grown only 4kg more since then, though my strength has blown up (currently 137kg CJ/115kg snatch).

Unfortunately I've been plateaued with my weight for so long that I think it may be impossible for me to break out of the 77s naturally. I'm looking at an additional 6kg of muscle to be competitive in 85, and while I can get nice and plump with lots of hamburgers I can't seem to get anywhere near that solid frame of the bigger guys. I can deadlift 240kg but my wrists look like a little girl's.

I'm pretty much sold on doing a cycle of test at this point. My research has left me here:

• Test e 500mg/wk x 12 weeks
  • Adex 0.25mg/d x 13 weeks
  • Nolv 20-60mg/d if gyno symptoms appear

PCT
  • Clomid 200 mg/d x 1 week
    100 mg/d x 1 week
    50 mg/d x 1 week
    25 mg/d x 2 weeks
  • Nolv 40 mg/d x 2 weeks
    20 mg/d x 2 weeks

I know I'm young and light to be starting, but I have a very short timeframe in which to put on muscle and my genetics don't seem to be working in my favor towards this end. I'm hoping thorough PCT and conservative AAS use will leave me mostly unharmed as far as my HPTA goes.

My diet consists of 100-200g fatty animal protein (beef, pork) plus 100-200g whey protein. The times I've counted I generally clocked 250g+ each day. I fill fats out with butter, olive oil, coconut oil, bacon fat, and cream (which I drink judiciously). I get somewhere around 200g of fat daily, almost 100g of which is saturated. Carbs go anywhere from 150g to 350g depending on how hard I trained that day, usually falling around 300g--no wheat, mostly potatoes and rice. My daily caloric intake for days I've tracked is between 3800 and 5000.

Currently supp with 720mg/480mg EPA/DHA from fish oil, 10k IU D3, and one Animal Pak daily. I also drink a shitload of coffee.

I train 5-7 days/week for 1-3 hours. Sessions usually look like CJ or snatch to max, then a dozen or so doubles and triples. On light days I'll skip the max and do 2s, 3s, 5s and 8s of CJ, snatch, rack jerk, rack press, pulls, etc. I back, front, or overhead squat every day.

So anasci, should I just suck it up and save my dick or might AAS be a reasonable course of action for me? Do I need to eat more while I'm on cycle? Will I be able to train more without getting hurt while on gear? Is cycling going to wreck my ability to wreck sorority girls?

Last edited:

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Hi all,

I'm 22 years old and 175cm at 79kg. I started powerlifting at 18 and switched to weightlifting in 77kg at 20. When I began lifting I was 61kg; I grew to 75kg in about a year and have grown only 4kg more since then, though my strength has blown up (currently 137kg CJ/115kg snatch).

Unfortunately I've been plateaued with my weight for so long that I think it may be impossible for me to break out of the 77s naturally. I'm looking at an additional 6kg of muscle to be competitive in 85, and while I can get nice and plump with lots of hamburgers I can't seem to get anywhere near that solid frame of the bigger guys. I can deadlift 240kg but my wrists look like a little girl's.

I'm pretty much sold on doing a cycle of test at this point. My research has left me here:

• Test e 500mg/wk x 12 weeks
  • Adex 0.25mg/d x 13 weeks
  • Nolv 20-60mg/d if gyno symptoms appear

PCT
  • Clomid 200 mg/d x 1 week
    100 mg/d x 1 week
    50 mg/d x 1 week
    25 mg/d x 2 weeks
  • Nolv 40 mg/d x 2 weeks
    20 mg/d x 2 weeks

I know I'm young and light to be starting, but I have a very short timeframe in which to put on muscle and my genetics don't seem to be working in my favor towards this end. I'm hoping thorough PCT and conservative AAS use will leave me mostly unharmed as far as my HPTA goes.

My diet consists of 100-200g fatty animal protein (beef, pork) plus 100-200g whey protein. The times I've counted I generally clocked 250g+ each day. I fill fats out with butter, olive oil, coconut oil, bacon fat, and cream (which I drink judiciously). I get somewhere around 200g of fat daily, almost 100g of which is saturated. Carbs go anywhere from 150g to 350g depending on how hard I trained that day, usually falling around 300g--no wheat, mostly potatoes and rice. My daily caloric intake for days I've tracked is between 3800 and 5000.

Currently supp with 720mg/480mg EPA/DHA from fish oil, 10k IU D3, and one Animal Pak daily. I also drink a shitload of coffee.

I train 5-7 days/week for 1-3 hours. Sessions usually look like CJ or snatch to max, then a dozen or so doubles and triples. On light days I'll skip the max and do 2s, 3s, 5s and 8s of CJ, snatch, rack jerk, rack press, pulls, etc. I back, front, or overhead squat every day.

So anasci, should I just suck it up and save my dick or might AAS be a reasonable course of action for me? Do I need to eat more while I'm on cycle? Will I be able to train more without getting hurt while on gear? Is cycling going to wreck my ability to wreck sorority girls?

You look like you have done your homework and have a good cycle laid out for a first run. With what you have laid out here you should see some good, keepable gains here without too many sides to deal with. Good luck with your run and keep us posted on your progress!