©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Squatting with PIP

snatch

May 8, 2012
I pinned my first BP Test-E in my upper quad 40 hours ago and felt zero pain until now. Last night I trained pretty hard (snatch, C&J, and front squats) and this morning my leg was so stiff I could barely walk. It's a little better but I'm not sure if I should go in for a squat session now.

Is squatting with PIP ok? If it's just inflammation then I can see increasing bloodflow and movement helping it, but if there's actually damage happening then I'm not sure aggravating it with hard contractions is a good idea.

Edit: no redness, no noticable swelling. I Z-tracked it and there was no bleeding or oil discharge. The injection site is now healed.

Edit 2: I used a 25G 1" needle; was I right to go right up to the hilt? I pinned pretty fast and the needle just disappeared, but I don't know just how deep into the muscle I'm supposed to go.

Last edited:

snatch

May 8, 2012
To answer my own question, squatting didn't make it better or worse. I came up about 5kg short of my max which is expected given the load yesterday. Aside from hurting like a motherfucker, I don't think it really had any effect on my lifts.

I'm still walking like I got shot in the leg though.

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
Maybe you went in at an off angle, or could just be the way the product reacted to you? As you keep going with your cycle, the pain from the injections should lessen. You may want to try massaging the injection area after injecting to maybe loosen up the muscle a bit, to help the oil flow through?

snatch

May 8, 2012
For the record, some dumbass apparently hit his rectus femoris instead of vastus lateralis. Live and learn. And limp.

Do NOT pin your rectus femoris, trust me.