©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Anyone else tried to upload an avatar and its not working. I wonder if this has something to do with there db problems? :confused:

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I just tried it and it worked for me? You may want check to see what type of error you are seeing, whether it is too large a file or wrong file type?

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Humm just tried it again. Made the pic 100x100 and tried PNG and JPEG.. And its not giving me an error?

Last edited:

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Love the signature Big-John.

If I'm not mistaken that's the brother of former NFL offensive guard, Bob Young, a legend with the old St Louis Cardinals. They had one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history in the mid-late 70's. Bob was one of the few NFL guys back then to powerlift and was considered one of the strongest men in the league at that time.

Jim Hanifan, considered one of the greatest offensive line coaches in NFL history, and the guy who put together the famous "Hogs" of the early 80's Washington Redskins called Bob Young the best run blocking guard in the the NFL back then.

Just some worthless trivia :)

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Love the signature Big-John.

If I'm not mistaken that's the brother of former NFL offensive guard, Bob Young, a legend with the old St Louis Cardinals. They had one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history in the mid-late 70's. Bob was one of the few NFL guys back then to powerlift and was considered one of the strongest men in the league at that time.

Jim Hanifan, considered one of the greatest offensive line coaches in NFL history, and the guy who put together the famous "Hogs" of the early 80's Washington Redskins called Bob Young the best run blocking guard in the the NFL back then.

Just some worthless trivia :)

Your knowledge is staggering bro:sHa_lolbig2:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Code:
LT Roger Finnie
LG Bob Young
 C Tom Banks
RG Conrad Dobler
RT Dan Dierdorf

18 All-Pro Team selections, 14 Pro Bowls and 1 HOF'er.

In 1975, QB Jim Hart was sacked only 6 times, then an NFL record. The same season they led Jim Otis, who could probably run the 40 in a day and a half, to the NFC rushing title.

Lots of argument, but imo the greatest OL of all-time right there. Even considering Finnie, who was the journeyman of the group, and didn't have any All-Pro or Pro Bowl selections protected Hart's blindside, and did a record setting job.

Attachments

• Bob Young.jpg
    Bob Young.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 12

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Code:
LT Roger Finnie
LG Bob Young
 C Tom Banks
RG Conrad Dobler
RT Dan Dierdorf

18 All-Pro Team selections, 14 Pro Bowls and 1 HOF'er.

In 1975, QB Jim Hart was sacked only 6 times, then an NFL record. The same season they led Jim Otis, who could probably run the 40 in a day and a half, to the NFC rushing title.

Lots of argument, but imo the greatest OL of all-time right there. Even considering Finnie, who was the journeyman of the group, and didn't have any All-Pro or Pro Bowl selections protected Hart's blindside, and did a record setting job.

You may need to start a thread just about sports history bro!!:sFun_hockey:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Your knowledge is staggering bro:sHa_lolbig2:

:D

Ya, I'm pretty up on the 70's, well into the 80's, then my knowledge base dips off dramatically. Wish there was a gameshow I could win 50k on with it, instead of just mindlessly rambling on the 'net :p

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I agree!!! I would love to read through a thread with more info like this.

I had a thread on the UG, kind of a 'what if'. Based on the fact that all of the QB's in today's NFL put up tremendous numbers, which by the old standards are impressive, but in actuality are commonplace today. For instance, throwing for 4,000 yards, once upon a time it was Namath and Fouts, Marino, very rarified air. Now it's about league average.

When we compare today's QB's with those from past era's, it looks like the old timers didn't really accomplish much, and that's just not true. What I did was go back and pro-rate some seasons from QB's past, comparing them to how much better they were than league average and then extrapolating those statistics if they were playing in today's NFL.

It's pretty interesting. It can be time consuming, but when I get some time I'll put that thread up again.

You'd be surprised at some of the massive numbers that Unitas, Namath, Jones, Stabler, Marino, Fouts etc., would put up in today's pass happy dink 'n dunk, yards after catch league.

For starters I can tell you that 1976 Ken Stabler easily has the NFL record for pass completion percentage at 76.8%.