©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Chris Matthews-hurricane-sandy-storm

norbit09

AnaSCI VET
Jul 14, 2012
Seattle
Chris Matthews has addressed the controversial Hurricane Sandy comments he made during MSNBC's coverage of the election on Tuesday.

Matthews covered the election all night, and he was deeply pleased with President Obama's victory. When it came time for closing comments, Matthews said, “I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things."

Someone could be heard saying, "Oooh" off-screen. Matthews held up his hand and continued, "No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics."

He drew criticism, from conservatives especially, for the comments on Wednesday. Matthews later attempted to clarify the remarks, tweeting, "Obviously I wasn't talking about the horror of the storm. I grew up on the Jersey shore."

He continued, "To clarify - I was thrilled at the cooperation between the President and state officials that made the country proud. Great bipartisanship."

Chris Matthews Addresses Controversial Hurricane Sandy Comments: 'I Wasn't Talking About The Horror Of The Storm'

Muscleaddict83

Oct 29, 2012
Of course he wasn't talking about the storm's damage, but it did help Obama politically. Regardless, his comments were in very bad taste. However, he has a tendency to say stuff so dumb he makes Biden look like a member of MENSA. So, people shouldn't be so surprised.