©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Injection problems

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I was injecting 1cc of test today and noticed that it took a long and i mean a long time to get the gear in. Never happened before. i literally had to push hard on the syringe injector to slowly get the gear in my thigh. Sometimes it wouldn't go at all unless i pushed hard enough. Towards the end it went right in. I didn't do anything different what could have caused this?

P

pincrusher

i have had that happen to me before and couldnt figure out why either.
what size pins do you use? i was using a 25g pin and figured that it was because of the size needle that i must have just hit a dense part of the muscle or some scar tissue on the muscle that caused it.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I was using 25 gauge also. The damn thing took about 10 min to get all of it in...It was just odd that right at the very end it went in with no problem. Never had a problem until this one. I was just worried because i was pushing so hard and nothing was going in it seemed or it just took forever.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Use a 23g it works 100% better. I think a 25g is too small for test injections. Warming your gear can also help if your dead set on using a small gauge pin.

P

pincrusher

i also had someone tell me once that if you tend to pull the product out of the bottle without injecting the full amount of air equal to the amount of product you are withdrawing, into the bottle first, it can create a vacuum like affect in the pin and that is why it is so much harder to push out. it will have a worse affect the smaller the pin size also. i tend to draw product like this sometimes and just figured that might also be the reason why it is so damn hard to push out sometimes.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
It could be the vacuum theory since it was my last cc of test from the bottle. But now i have this hell of a lump that hurts like shit. I couldn't even sleep last night. It sucks since i haven't had one for awhile.

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
My first injection ever was 2 weeks ago. I decided to bury the needle into my Quad and put in a CC of Tes-juice. I will never inject into my quad unless it is the last resort. I could not walk for 2-3 days without people ask what the hell was wrong. The glutes are a piece of cake. Only is mildly sore for 1-2 days.

I hear the glute can hold 3 CC's? Is this in each cheak? per week?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I love my quad injects. They haven't bothered me until this last inject. You just have to make sure you rub them after the inject and like what i do is take a nice hot hot shower and let the water stay on it for awhile. I don't like to do glutes unless someone is doing it for me...since i can't seem to get the right angle or view.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
oracle said:
I love my quad injects. They haven't bothered me until this last inject. You just have to make sure you rub them after the inject and like what i do is take a nice hot hot shower and let the water stay on it for awhile. I don't like to do glutes unless someone is doing it for me...since i can't seem to get the right angle or view.

Glutes can be difficult until you get some practice in. I do them underhand and it works fairly well. It took some getting use to though with my RETARDED left hand.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
how do you pull back on the plunger when you aspirate? Looks really awkward.

BigTex

Feb 6, 2005
I too only use the glutes (underhanded) and have learned to pull the plunger to check for vein by holding syringe with index finger and retract with back of thumb (nail).

I've tried the quads several times but ALWAYS hit blood. I don't know why. I am a pro cyclist so my quads are the best developed muscles on my body- don't know if that is the problem.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
oracle said:
how do you pull back on the plunger when you aspirate? Looks really awkward.
For my left butt cheek, I stab it underhand in the upper outer quadrant. To aspirate, I hold the tab on the side of the syringe with my thumb while I use my middle finger to slightly pull back on the plunger. If all is well, then I put my middle finger under the tab and push the plunger down with my thumb. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is.