©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you need a secure email provider?

allbeef

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 5, 2012
Think its more a matter of how much you want to risk or more importantly how much do you have at risk.

Free " so called secure providers" probably do have alot of tracking information on you, and have absolutely no incentive not to cooperate as you are worth nothing to them.

Its also obvious that most people using a free secure provider have something to hide.

Is blending in with millions of other subscribers on a free service like gmail or yahoo safer? Dont know, but just do not see for a personal user why it wouldnt be.

Rory can speak to the encryption of emails as probably the best way to protect yourself regardless who you us, but gave up on that years ago.

AB

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I have been using a securenym account for years now...I have to say it is the safest one overall that I have ever used!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
True! For those that don't want to pay for a secure service, I would recommend pricing a lawyer's hourly rate in a worst case scenario! Nothing is perfect, but some layer of protection is better than "less than".

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Depending on your level of involvement, I would always recommend a pay-for email provider that has been around forever and has yet to be compromised!

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I think it depends on the level. Free or paid services arent that different. I have some paid service accounts, some free accounts an some gmail, hotmail ones. Depends on what you are using them for an how you are connecting.

With my family right now but I'll get back on an go into more detail an break down why I think this way later. Your anonymity should be protected before you ever login to your email.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I use emails once and only once. I switch them as soon as I finish the business I am dealing with at the time.