©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hows the future of the usa look to you

allbeef

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 5, 2012
This is some frightening stuff. But I think they had it more right then wrong pre-recession. I also think thier caution about not paying more than minimum on your mortgage until you see how things shake out is solid. The conncerns about the price we will pay for all the newly printed money thats been used to prop up the economy, rings true to me as well.

What are your thoughts?

Controversial Interview Exposes 5 Signs Stocks Will Collapse in 2013 | SmarterLifestyles

AB

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I think we are in for a rough ride. Has anyone seen the movie that was just in theaters called "2016"?. Its a documentary style movie made by a controversial journalist. The movie came out before the election. Basically it was about what to expect if Obama becomes president again. Frightening.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I'm not going to worry too much just yet. I'm going to hold out hope that the morons can balance the budget. I think that would prop the dollar up a little.

If we keep borrowing and printing money though...
Shit could get scary. Now is the time to stock up on guns/ammo and foodstuffs.

If we get to the point where the dollar isn't worth anything youhave to be able to feed your family and protect your house. Make sure your wives get some time on the range and get used to firing their weapon.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Not to beat the patriotic drum too hard, but America will always set the standard for the world. Whatever it takes, we will do it as a nation when we need to get it done.

Are we weaker, less patriotic, more disinterested than 70 years ago when we saved Europe? Definitely, but we can make it back to that level, no doubt.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I think we are in for a rough ride. Has anyone seen the movie that was just in theaters called "2016"?. Its a documentary style movie made by a controversial journalist. The movie came out before the election. Basically it was about what to expect if Obama becomes president again. Frightening.

Saw this film. Very interesting view point.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I'm not going to worry too much just yet. I'm going to hold out hope that the morons can balance the budget. I think that would prop the dollar up a little.

If we keep borrowing and printing money though...
Shit could get scary. Now is the time to stock up on guns/ammo and foodstuffs.

If we get to the point where the dollar isn't worth anything youhave to be able to feed your family and protect your house. Make sure your wives get some time on the range and get used to firing their weapon.

:yeahthat:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
For America to maintain the standard of living we want there needs to be some big changes with a lot of the social welfare programs. I'm am certainly not saying this is everyone using the systems in place, but there are far too many people who can care less about the future of the country, are not willing to contribute and be productive members of society and simply milk the system to get by.

People need to be rewarded according to what they do for society. You bust your ass, own a business, pump money back into the economy; good for you! You should not be taxed out the wazoo and be able to continue to re-invest and pump money back into society. If companies and individuals who have the means and can stimulate the economy through spending and investing, then the economy will recover, there will be reduced unemployment, less debt and a higher overall standard of living.

End of rant :)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, at some point we have to seal off the border. Grandfather those in that are here, legalize and tax them, perhaps a sir-charge for illegals already here to be given citizenship to try and stop the 'jobbing' of the welfare system that's going on. That's at least a decent place to start.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I don't mean to offend any of you, but somebody please start taxing religion! Talk about tax revenue!!

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
I also think thier caution about not paying more than minimum on your mortgage until you see how things shake out is solid.
AB

Paying the minimum on your mortgage is a guaranteed way to hand over hundreds of thousands more of your dollars to Banksters than you need to. You should do the exact opposite, especially in bad times: eliminate your debt.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
If companies and individuals who have the means and can stimulate the economy through spending and investing, then the economy will recover, there will be reduced unemployment, less debt and a higher overall standard of living. End of rant :)

....which is a great Republican talking point...except that corporate profits are at an all-time high and they have funneled the profits into cost-effective off-shoring, increased Executive Pay, and investment in non-employment-producing financial instruments...without creating any significant jobs.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Ya, at some point we have to seal off the border. Grandfather those in that are here, legalize and tax them, perhaps a sir-charge for illegals already here to be given citizenship to try and stop the 'jobbing' of the welfare system that's going on. That's at least a decent place to start.

Except that the vast majority of people jobbing the welfare system are good rural white native-born Republicans throughout the south and midwest...by numbers more than 10 times the total number of immigrants.

But at least we could preserve the American English language, right? And then we would know it's a "surcharge," not a "sir-charge." :banghead:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Have to side with Bio on this one.
Tax The Churches

If you simply taxed religion and legalized prostitution, hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue would be streaming into the economy annually. We'd be in the black at the blink of an eye. It's unfortunate politicians don't have the nuts to stand up to the moral majority. It's why Washington is broken, you can't just do what's right to fix it.

The illegals all have a minimum of 2 or 3 social security numbers that they are collecting benefits on. Plenty of citizens job the system, but to nowhere near the extent the illegal immigrants are.

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
....which is a great Republican talking point...except that corporate profits are at an all-time high and they have funneled the profits into cost-effective off-shoring, increased Executive Pay, and investment in non-employment-producing financial instruments...without creating any significant jobs.

That's a great statement until you inject logic into it and are asked to back up your statement. Corporate profits have been increased in that sense because of shipping jobs off shore, not that they were at an all time high then shipped them off to increase their profits. When you regulate business in a way that it makes more sense to go produce in a country that encourages companies to open doors there, it makes it very hard to stay competitive here. Using talking points from the Democrats but not educating yourself on how taxes and regulations effect the same businesses you criticize leave you speaking from an uneducated point of view.

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
Tax The Churches

If you simply taxed religion and legalized prostitution, hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue would be streaming into the economy annually. We'd be in the black at the blink of an eye. It's unfortunate politicians don't have the nuts to stand up to the moral majority. It's why Washington is broken, you can't just do what's right to fix it.

The illegals all have a minimum of 2 or 3 social security numbers that they are collecting benefits on. Plenty of citizens job the system, but to nowhere near the extent the illegal immigrants are.

I agree we could make a lot of money doing that, the problem is, our country was founded on religious freedom. Our founding fathers knew the reason for separation of church and state and if we continue to take what we like about the constitution and leave what we don't what will we have left.

The further we get away from what our founding fathers wanted the further this country will fall. We need Ron Paul type leaders that understand this, and the more we let welfare state leaders lead us, the worse off we'll be.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Tax The Churches

If you simply taxed religion and legalized prostitution, hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue would be streaming into the economy annually. We'd be in the black at the blink of an eye..

It's clear you didnt bother to read the the link i provided. You have your opinion and you dont need facts in the way.

Taxing churches would bring in ZERO.

Read and Learn . . .

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
not educating yourself on how taxes and regulations effect the same businesses you criticize leave you speaking from an uneducated point of view.

Considering I've written three books on the subject, have been teaching Economics at a college level for 14 years, and directed an Economic Development agency for 9 prior to that, you might be hard-pressed to back up your contention that I write from an "uneducated point of view."

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
It's clear you didnt bother to read the the link i provided. You have your opinion and you dont need facts in the way.

Taxing churches would bring in ZERO

Don't agree with the article you posted at all. Taxing religion would bring in billions. It is what it is, we'll have to agree to disagree on the topic rather than post endless research that would support both pov's (like any political topic)

Because it costs you and me billions. We are not talking chump change here. Consider that for every tax dollar a religious organization does not pay, you and I pay it on its behalf. Many are among the wealthiest organizations in the world: by 1971, the amount of real and personal property owned by U.S. churches was approx. $110 billion. In New York City alone, the amount was $3 billion in 1989. A 1986 estimate showed religious income in that year of approx. $100 billion, or about five times the income of the five largest corporations in the U.S. All tax free.

Actually the first thing that needs to be done to repair the economy across the board is a flat consumption tax. Period, the end.

After that, I'd support legalizing prostitution and then tax the church.