©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gym fools?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Time to post person sightings of fools or idiots you have recently seen at your gym!!
Mine is a woman today, mid 50, wearing a Michael Jordan headband under her jaw around her face and head , holding a 1980 flip phone smashed to her cheek while laying and talking on a flat bench gettin ready to lift the bar only.. If I had a camera you would see some stupid shit I must say.. Beat this one!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Stopped going to the gym many years ago because of the people there. They cluttered up the space and did nothing but demotivate me from wanting to do what I was there to do!

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I see this pair of guys come to my gym. The one guy is thick, really thick. Then he brings his buddy who is maybe 150lbs, almost 6' tall. He always wears flip flops. This annoys me and shouldnt even be allowed. Its dangerous. Anyway, it appears to me that the thick guy brings the little guy to help with his ego. Then every once and a while it looks like the big guy is trying to teach the little guy something. I just wish he would teach him to wear shoes, wtf?

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
It get really bad in the spring and summer when the rats come out trying to get their "beach bods". I really hate that time of year!

Ares Big

Jan 14, 2012
had the same issue too, finding people to motivate, not demotivate, seems hard

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I see this pair of guys come to my gym. The one guy is thick, really thick. Then he brings his buddy who is maybe 150lbs, almost 6' tall. He always wears flip flops. This annoys me and shouldnt even be allowed. Its dangerous. Anyway, it appears to me that the thick guy brings the little guy to help with his ego. Then every once and a while it looks like the big guy is trying to teach the little guy something. I just wish he would teach him to wear shoes, wtf?

Is that Zeus ure talkin about? Lol..

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Luckily my gym is 'usually' sparsely populated. I still dread going though because of my phobia of douches walking around doing their 'routines' :D

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Last year I did see a middle aged guy with a permed mullet. It left quite an impression with me to this day.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Usually i'm oblivious with my mp3 and training I did have a guy try to cut through between flat bench presses carrying a huge gym bag as I was repping some farily substantial wt. He hooked the end of the bar I was pressing and it almost twisted out of my hands. Did tweak my shoulder a bit but I didn't dump the bar on myself. He had plenty of routes open to get where he was going in the gym but couldn't give flying fuck if he injurred me. I racked it and kinda went ballistic.Yes police were called . He would not leave the gym till they came.
One of the officers asked me what the issue was. I explained and he was incredulous. He got almost as pissed for me as I was. The cop was a hardcore power lifter too. Pretty funny now.. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I would have done the same. The dumbass could have landed you in the hospital getting patched up. I'm pissed and I was not even there.

Usually i'm oblivious with my mp3 and training I did have a guy try to cut through between flat bench presses carrying a huge gym bag as I was repping some farily substantial wt. He hooked the end of the bar I was pressing and it almost twisted out of my hands. Did tweak my shoulder a bit but I didn't dump the bar on myself. He had plenty of routes open to get where he was going in the gym but couldn't give flying fuck if he injurred me. I racked it and kinda went ballistic.Yes police were called . He would not leave the gym till they came.
One of the officers asked me what the issue was. I explained and he was incredulous. He got almost as pissed for me as I was. The cop was a hardcore power lifter too. Pretty funny now.. T

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I used to have a guy come to a gym I was running that had huge, swollen, lumpy, abcessed shoulders and was maybe 6ft 170 and he didn't care to cover them, I think he thought they looked good

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
My favorite is people training others when they don't look like they even work out. And did I mention, they think they are all DIET gurus? They are clueless and their bodies show it.;)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My favorite is people training others when they don't look like they even work out. And did I mention, they think they are all DIET gurus? They are clueless and their bodies show it.;)

The worst is when these people are actually employed by the gym!!!!

Of of my cousin's is a "trainer" and I can honestly say she doesn't have a clue. She is not in good shape herself, has no idea what proper national protocols are and sure as hell doesn't know how to teach these things to others.

When I saw her over thanksgiving I asked her a few things just to have general conversation, thinking that if this is her passion she must know some stuff and have formulated her own opinions. She had trouble understanding hypertrophy and eccentric force.... Poor girl

DaveWallerCB

May 11, 2012
There's a older lady probably sixty something that just dances around the weight room with her eyes closed the whole time listening to a ipod. I just try to keep from busting out laughing....and figure whatever floats her boat. Never touches a weight though. lol

darksidefitness

Dec 7, 2012
More than 40% of gym employee has no clue about gym, training, hypertrophy theory or nothing. I asked once for the chains for the bench and they gave me a dip belt. I was asking for the barbell chain and they said what is that. Other day I was doing singles deadlift and this idiot told me that I need to put the collar for safety...I told him the only safety you need to be worry right now is yours...keep walking. I understand the collar while performing squat or benching...but c'mon brother. WTF!!!!

The worst is when these people are actually employed by the gym!!!!

Of of my cousin's is a "trainer" and I can honestly say she doesn't have a clue. She is not in good shape herself, has no idea what proper national protocols are and sure as hell doesn't know how to teach these things to others.

When I saw her over thanksgiving I asked her a few things just to have general conversation, thinking that if this is her passion she must know some stuff and have formulated her own opinions. She had trouble understanding hypertrophy and eccentric force.... Poor girl