©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you hunt or fish wild game?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I used to whitetail deer hunt in the fields or Oregon but now I mostly hit the rivers for steelhead salmon and when seasons open for Sturgeon I'm out as much as I can. Nothing like reeling in a 9ft prehistoric fish to slap and let go.. If you have the chance u should try it or if you want pm me for a summer adventure you and kids wouldn't forget.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I have deep-sea fished many times (always catch and release)...Hunting I have always been against! I did competition shooting for a few years and actually have some trophies but, the marines I use to shoot with would always try to get me to get my hunting license when the season started up and it never happened...Would rather hunt a person then a defenseless animal that is just out in the wilderness trying to get some food.....

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I hunt all the time. I see it as harvesting my own protein. Not interested in the kill but rather providing my family and i with quality food. The kill is swift and for the most part more humane than alot of the domesticated animals we use as food sources.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Here in Florida, I rarely go deep sea fishing. I did it more often when i didnt live here. You can hunt wild boars here too. Ive never been, but it sounds fun. K1, im with you on the hunting people part. But hunting wild boar is a lot different than hunting deer. Wild boar are mean, they will kill you if cornered, and they are bad for the environment.
We have a terrible problem with ******** python over population in the everglades too. Lots of pets released and pythons that escaped from a breeding place during one of our hurricanes. There is evidance that the pythons are even eating our alligators.
So we now can hunt pythons in the evrglades. I thought that would be interesting too.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Deep Sea fishing since the day I could stand on two feet. *Always* took the harvest home, and used it for food. I also have shot and dressed and eaten my own Wild Turkey for the last three Thanksgivings.

My ethos is that I will only take what I will eat, and I will eat what I take.

Johnny Ringo

Oct 30, 2012
Grew up on a farm in SW La. So hunting and fishing were something you grew up doing. Mostly. Duck/goose. Dove and some rabbits. Always ate what we killed. Large stocked pond for fishing. If you weren't hunting or fishing Paw had your ass working. I moved and sure miss those days.