©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My Workout Journal

Severe

Lil' Souljah
May 31, 2005
I am starting this for many reasons.

1. To keep track of my gains.
2. Inspiration
3. To possibly show others what hard work can accomplish

Stats:
Age - 21
Height - 5'10
Weight - Measly 140

I will not be using any steroids while making this journal. My goal is to gain 20 pounds of solid muscle mass. I don't know how long it will take me but with all the support on this forum, I no doubt will do it. Thank you all. I will begin tracking after my new rest day which is wednesday. So until then, im going to eat, sleep and pray I get bigger.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Pray for better understanding on the overall "knowledge" of physical health.

Good luck bro....

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Best of luck ... 20lbs of pure muscle naturally isn't going to be easy to come by but good luck. I'm sure with dedication you can make it happen

Severe

Lil' Souljah
May 31, 2005
Damn you! Why does gaining weight have to be easier for big guys? Haha... I've been eating peanut butter all night. I'd say i've reached a 5500 calorie mark today.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Severe said:
Damn you! Why does gaining weight have to be easier for big guys? Haha... I've been eating peanut butter all night. I'd say i've reached a 5500 calorie mark today.

I'm not big :confused: i'm skinny..a hard gainer

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Severe said:
I went in the militatry at 19 years old weighing 150 pounds. 2 years later I weighed 205. 55 pounds in 2 years.
The only difference at the time was I was eating chow hall food 4 times a day. Each meal was as big as what a normal person eats for supper. No sandwiches. A protein source, a complex carb source and either a fruit or vegetable....4 times per day, day in day out, without fail.
Diet, if done properly, should be your largest expense.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Severe said:
Oh, as you can tell I am too... how much do you weigh?

2 weeks ago today i was at 165lbs today i'm at 182lbs. Still not enough

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Severe said:

2. Inspiration

Stats:
Age - 21
Height - 5'10
Weight - Measly 140

I will not be using any steroids while making this journal. My goal is to gain 20 pounds of solid muscle mass. I don't know how long it will take me but with all the support on this forum, I no doubt will do it. Thank you all. I will begin tracking after my new rest day which is wednesday. So until then, im going to eat, sleep and pray I get bigger.

i like the idea, we could even start a forum for all workout journals.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Hey Anasci, I think it would be a cool idea to have a cycle log forum so ppl can update everyone on their gains and such.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Severe said:

2. Inspiration

Stats:
Age - 21
Height - 5'10
Weight - Measly 140

Bro, make sure you know what you are doing. What I mean is, I wish I had the first 2 years of my training to do over. I had no idea what I was doing and just wasted so much time and energy. Change your workout every 2 mos. Keep shocking your body. Good luck.

Severe

Lil' Souljah
May 31, 2005
Decided I will be doing the following workouts on these days, beginning next week unless you guys want to make suggestions.

Monday - What would be good for monday?
Tuesday - Benchpress and Chin-Ups
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Off
Friday - Squats and Deadlifts
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Severe said:
Decided I will be doing the following workouts on these days, beginning next week unless you guys want to make suggestions.

Monday - What would be good for monday?
Tuesday - Benchpress and Chin-Ups
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Off
Friday - Squats and Deadlifts
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off
I would suggest
Monday - Flat bench, Incline bench, flys..Chin ups, Barbell rows, pull downs
Tuesday - Military press, lateral raises..either forearms or abs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Squats and deadlifts
Friday - Biceps and triceps.
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

fishcommiss

Apr 11, 2005
I'm getting mixed signals on workouts. I'm not saying anybody is wrong, but the last time I asked for a critique of my workout, there were many big dogs that said to do chest by itself and legs by themselves. Work the shoulders with the triceps and the biceps with the back. Dragon...since you are one of the "big dogs" that I am referring to perhaps you could offer some suggestions. I know you didn't see my workout before, but I will give you the breakdown of it.

Monday...chest
Tuesday...back & biceps
Wednesday...off
Thursday...shoulders & triceps
Friday...legs
Sat & Sun...off

If anyone would like to critique go ahead. I'm so confused right now it wouldn't matter what you said. By the way, I do approx. 3 exercises per muscle group, 4 sets each, and the reps are the following for every exercise: 10, 8, 6, 4. My last set is about 85-90% of my 1 set max.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
fishcommiss said:
I'm getting mixed signals on workouts. I'm not saying anybody is wrong, but the last time I asked for a critique of my workout, there were many big dogs that said to do chest by itself and legs by themselves. Work the shoulders with the triceps and the biceps with the back. Dragon...since you are one of the "big dogs" that I am referring to perhaps you could offer some suggestions. I know you didn't see my workout before, but I will give you the breakdown of it.

Monday...chest
Tuesday...back & biceps
Wednesday...off
Thursday...shoulders & triceps
Friday...legs
Sat & Sun...off

If anyone would like to critique go ahead. I'm so confused right now it wouldn't matter what you said. By the way, I do approx. 3 exercises per muscle group, 4 sets each, and the reps are the following for every exercise: 10, 8, 6, 4. My last set is about 85-90% of my 1 set max.
Here is my take on it. I worked out in a manner similar to that for years and for years my arms measured 16 and 1/2 inches.
I found that (through personal experience), when I worked the traditional push movements one day (chest and tri's) and pulling movements on another day (back and biceps), my arms were too worn out after the chest and back movements to get any serious weight to cause arm growth.
When I put arms on a day by themselves, my weights went up and so did the measurement of my arms. I also find that by putting chest and I should say specifically lats together, I am working the direct opposing muscles on the same days and I get better development. How many people know that lat development somehow assists greatly for heavy benches and overhead presses?

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
I Do A Workout Very Similar To Fish. And I Haven't Been Happy With My Arm Growth. So This Is What I Think From What You Said If I Understand You Right.
Tues- Chest-lats
Thurs- Tris And Bis.
Sat- Legs And Shoulders
These Are The Days I Workout Obviously.