©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My gym said no more chalk! Wth?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
All of a sudde the gym in calif I go to gets new carpet in the cardio , machine area. Not the rubber floor weight room and I see a sign for no fricken chalk . Well I'm a chalk guy so I'm going to go the liquid chalk route and avoid detection. Anyones gym have weird rules? Time to vent so I'm not alone .I'm thinking next is no gallon jugs a water, then I move gyms..

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I have been to a gym that had a sign that said ABSOLUTELY NO DEAD LIFTS.. I ask why and they said it made to much noise?

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Unless you find an old school style gym, this is what you will be seeing more and more of unfortunately.....

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Unless you find an old school style gym, this is what you will be seeing more and more of unfortunately.....

Yeah stuff like this is really prevalent now days. No chalk, no deadlifting, no bags in the weight room etc. Getting really silly.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
This is funny. My gym put up a sign for no more chalk. Someone took it down. They put it back up. Someone posted ads for other gyms nearby next to sign. Next day sign read "acceptable amount of chalk use permitted." and that signs still up lol.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
This is funny. My gym put up a sign for no more chalk. Someone took it down. They put it back up. Someone posted ads for other gyms nearby next to sign. Next day sign read "acceptable amount of chalk use permitted." and that signs still up lol.

LOL!
I would take my own chalk and discretely use it. Some people are pigs when it come to chalk and they make it tough for everyone. My pet peeve is when they load up their palms then clap their hands leaving a cloud of chalk hanging in the air. I want it on my hands, not in my lungs.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
All of a sudde the gym in calif I go to gets new carpet in the cardio , machine area. Not the rubber floor weight room and I see a sign for no fricken chalk . Well I'm a chalk guy so I'm going to go the liquid chalk route and avoid detection. Anyones gym have weird rules? Time to vent so I'm not alone .I'm thinking next is no gallon jugs a water, then I move gyms..

I didnt even know liquid chalk existed, im going to have to investigate.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Those are what they call health clubs. My sweatshirts /tshirst all had a deep imbedded thick chaulk strip across the upper back for decades.
Golden age gyms are becoming scarce. I was kicked out of a "gym"for loading a bar for a set with mids 7's or so. I noticed it was a bit hard to get out the rack .
As I started getting my reps it just continued to sink on both sides. Needless to say there was no way to rack it so iI dropped down to the saftey bars and parked it . Bar was a big arc.Owner asked me what the hell I did . Told him I made the mistake of not thinking that the equipment was for the "normal" crowd. He wanted 259 dollars and of course I told him to go pound sand.
I'm looking forward after these next two surguries to be back in a real gym.
Fucking pussies. The chaulk thing is so petty considering the way it improves saftey. Thanks, T

audix2359

Nov 24, 2012
That's why I lift in my garage. All the chalk I want, and no pop music playing in the background!

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
you know. as funny as dudes response was, throwing the trash can, its just such responses that gives aas user's and simply true lifters the bad rep we have. When you agree to the contract, you abide by the stated rules. if the atmosphere is not what you personally like, then by all means leave. It's like walking into panera and getting made their bagels arent gluten free. It just doesnt make sense.

b12

Nov 27, 2012
I'd use a resin bag like what you use in baseball. thebrick is right, some people spoil it for everyone.