©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

PTSD & Suicide

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Recently a friend of mine committed suicide. He had PTSD from Iraq but it seemed to be in control. He had good potential bodybuilding, did a couple local shows. I looked up to him given his dedication to the military, work volunteering with veterans, always a positive attitude an willingness to help anyone that needed it. One of those guys you never caught not smiling an he never said anything negative about anyone.

He got sick a few months back (something with his colon) an lost a lot of weight. At the same time started dated someone which on the outside looked to be going good. He came to me in October about my thoughts on him getting back into the gym an mentioned he was looking at doing a cycle for help.

Few weeks go by an he contacts me to say "you just have to do whatever you have to, to get back in the gym right?" of course I said yeah. A couple weeks later he's asking about coming to visit that he's having relationship issues an needs to get out for a bit. I say ok, but ended up getting busy and couldn't meet up. Shortly after I changed my number an forgot to give him the new one.

This month had been crazy busy for me which was unexpected and then I get the call he had tried calling a few people, went missing for a few days, and shot himself.

I'm not sure what if anything he took an had any effect an really could care less. They said his PTSD had gotten worse but since I moved didn't see him so often. I'm still having a hard time dealing with it as a lot of others are. He was the type of guy that would do something crazy just to make people laugh an smile. At one point I wanted to give up an he convinced me not too. I still have to fight back tears when I think about it and wish I could have been there. It's affected me more then my own family members passing away.

My PTSD never effected me that bad and I'm not sure if that was entirely all it but I do know I'll never not make time for a brother that needs me that suffers from it or any other reason. Guess I wanted to post this so if anyone else has a close friend in the same situation hopefully they never have to go thru this.

incbb

Dec 17, 2012
Inner conflict

when both my kids died i felt as if i died with them and i can feel your pain, with some mind exsercises and dedication you can clear your mind and soul brother

incbb

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I am sorry to here this! My thoughts are with you both (Rory and incbb).

The human mind and body is such a fragile thing that we always need to be aware of those close to us as we never know when they will be taken from us!

As I get older I think more about life and death, especially as the older ones begin to pass on. Life is just too short and for some even shorter then others! We need to make the most of this time we are given and our time with others because we never know when it will be our last!!

No words can take away either of your pain suffered by your loses but hopefully time can ease it. My prayers are with you and your families!!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Rory, I feel your grief. I experienced loss of best friend(s) and second guessing
myself. Don't do that to yourself. We do the best we can at that point in time.
You were/are a great friend for the one that passed. Prayers to him you and his family/friends... T

incbb

Dec 17, 2012
PSTD

you have to learn to let go of the loss, the more you hold on to it the more it will eat away and destroy you

The way you go about letting go is up to you but i do advise you to look for the way to do it

incbb

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Thanks everyone. T an Incbb sorry for your loss as well and your exactly right. It took a couple days and still couldn't believe it happened. Still going back to his Facebook an reading some of the stories from others and some of the crazy shit he'd do in an out of the gym. Doubt he realized how many lives he touched an other vets he helped thru their times.

darksidefitness

Dec 7, 2012
PTSD is serious...however there are a lot of people trying to get benefits from this or trying to get out of their responsibilities also. That's why is so hard some time give the right treatment to someone who is seriously diagnoses with PTSD. I knew someone who made a claim of PTSD to don't deploy. Her excuse for PTSD was that she treats so many patients at the hospital (airforce) with PTSD and that make her ill now. WTF!!! Knew a second case that the guy claim be PTSD for been in Korea for a year…ahhhh? Anyway, sorry to heard that brother.