©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Honest Opinions first time cycle question!!

ItsNOtatoomah

Jan 11, 2013
whats up all. Alright so I want honest answers into if this is worth it health wise vs gains. First time and very needle shy.
Stats: lifting for 8 years
21 years old
5'7 at 187ibs, 14% bf

Alright now that all that is out of the way. The cycle I wanted to run was oral Dbol 40mg-30mg per day with proviron 50mg per day and clomid with nolvadex for pct still researching those numbers to use.

my question is will an oral steroid effect natural homrone levels, general health, set me up for problems later on in future, etc. as bad as injectables such as test E or some other? I have not spent a dime on anything yet because I am really wanting to know if its even going to be worth it vs the health risks involved. Main reason why im considering this cycle is I cant seem to hit 200 pounds. Any advice would be appreciated cheers.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
whats up all. Alright so I want honest answers into if this is worth it health wise vs gains. First time and very needle shy.
Stats: lifting for 8 years
21 years old
5'7 at 187ibs, 14% bf

Alright now that all that is out of the way. The cycle I wanted to run was oral Dbol 40mg-30mg per day with proviron 50mg per day and clomid with nolvadex for pct still researching those numbers to use.

my question is will an oral steroid effect natural homrone levels, general health, set me up for problems later on in future, etc. as bad as injectables such as test E or some other? I have not spent a dime on anything yet because I am really wanting to know if its even going to be worth it vs the health risks involved. Main reason why im considering this cycle is I cant seem to hit 200 pounds. Any advice would be appreciated cheers.

Yes orals will effect yout natural hormone levels and shut down uour natursl trstosterone production. Orals are also harsher on your liver and lipids than an injectable test cycle would be. Get over your shyness of needles and do it the right way or don't bother at alll.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
you are too young. i only say this because you are still producing mad ass amounts of testosterone naturally, you just need to eat better, train harder and smarter and sleep more. i would only recommend you using at this age if you were competing for years already and ready to make the next step which you are not so dont do it. just my opinion but im looking out for your best interest. stay natural and train hard and smart, get lots of quality sleep and eat good food. then you can do a great first test only cycle once you are naturally 220 lean pounds and you will explode and you will love it. this is the smartest thing for you to do here. and yes all oral cycle is a bad idea anytime. man up.

VP

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well you are 21 yrs old... Some would tell you hey just go for it and start cycling. I'm about the same ht as you. I waited a while before starting.
first aas use. For me was when I hit about 235 natty. Though you state
8yrs training I'm assuming at age 13 you knew little about training and nutrition.
So i'm thinking more like a few years of training . Not saying that to disrespect your efforts. I very strongly urge you to spend a few more years on
training /nurtition and recovery.. In the long run you will be glad you did.
So maybe if you'd outline all aspects of your current efforts some of us geezers may see a way past your perceived plateau.. Thanks T...
edit
I see vpiedu posted while typing. As you see the mindset of waiting and getting all you can get out of your own hormones is what most vet guys will tell you.
Wait before you tamper with your endocrine system... T

Last edited:

ItsNOtatoomah

Jan 11, 2013
thanks for the heads up all. I'm definitely going to wait gives me more time to study anabolics more anyway. For a long time I was rocking a 180/300/90 macro look after I hit about 185 I bumped the carbs up to 400 this made me extremely bloated and feeling like shit. I have recently discovered Paleo.
lifts are squat 415, bench 315 Dead lift 495

chinadragon

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
study study study....research...there's tons of info out there. as far as doses and such...that's gonna be personal experience. First thing though...your diet needs to be on spot so you better get that in check before you start cycling.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Heck yeah brutha you got time to put on some great natural tendon strength to support some good muscle growth in the future . There are some excellent pro hormones out that I know work from people I know that don't lie and get tested so take a look around and do some research on reviews and decipher what is a sales pitch and true research. You don't want to blow up so fast and then tear a pec .rotator cuff and screw you in the future . Do mass stretching and reps and learn correct movements of the exercise you are performing . There's no bullshit lieing on Anasci so what you read from people are honest opinions . Get big.. .

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
My philosophy..... Are you still making gains year to year? At 21 I bet you are. Ride that natural test wave you have going right now. There's plenty of time to kick it up later down the road when you really need it. All the natural size you can build now will just put you that much further up when you take the step later.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I wish people were honest with me when I was a young man like they are here. You're 21 and your hormones are likely more than sufficient to help you smash through 200 lbs naturally provided you train smart, rest and eat lots of quality food. Read through the thousands of posts around here, search a lot, and you'll start to see a common 'theme' here...NO BS. These are guys and gals that have been through a lot, learned a lot (sometimes the hard way - yours truly is no exception) and until we got down the basics, without assistance, we wouldn't grow. Knowledge is power, lots of that here for sure. Just keep pushing the iron and give it time brother. An oral cycle is a rotten way to cycle at any point or level of experience. Good luck!

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
So far, you have received some really great advice.

Thanks for posting with honest questions. If you ask the "vets", they will tell you your first cycle should be test only and, like Dudcki said, if you are going to use AAS, then you have to get over your fear of needles.

A lot of orals beat up your liver and joints, that's not to say all of them do, but you need to keep researching to figure out which oral best compliments a liquid or maybe you will decide not to use orals at all.

My recommendation would be to hold off on the AAS for now. Do a BUNCH more research to find other ways of promoting muscle growth, naturally.

Keep posting on this site and let us know your progress... if done correctly you can enjoy a long life of working out and continued muscle growth.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Great advice from everyone. Stay involved with this board. There are other guys here that arent using AAS. Stick around, keep reading, and keep asking questions. This is a place to learn all things body building, not just AAS. We look forward to hearing about your progress.