©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

JUST GOT 185,600 GRAMS OF PROTEIN! (bison style)

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Hey bros, just got back fron a successful bison hunt. Got about a 1,450lb free range, grass-fed monster. Got him with a bow at about 20 yards. Thank God 1 shot is all it took! I can tell you one thing, never have i felt so small as i did when walking up to this beast. The musculature and pissed off attitude these animals have is down right scary. Anyway, i will now have an awesome rug, a skull for my wall, an most importantly, a ton of fantastic protein for the year. I will post up some pics once i get them downloaded. Now, off to butchering i go!

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Wish we could figure out how to get big and ripped eating grass :D

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
Right on Magnus..... Where did you shoot him with one shot to kill him (with a freaking bow, no less.... very impressive)? :sFi_machinegunnest::shooting1:

Never had Bison before, but if you Jerky some of it, I am sure it would be easy to ship some to me in South Florida! :D

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Right on Magnus..... Where did you shoot him with one shot to kill him (with a freaking bow, no less.... very impressive)? :sFi_machinegunnest::shooting1:

Never had Bison before, but if you Jerky some of it, I am sure it would be easy to ship some to me in South Florida! :D

Double lung shot bro. Figured i had one chance at this since i can't run as fast scared as he can pissed!

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Butchering is is quite interesting. The tendons on this thing are just massive. Also the muscle fascia is much thinner on the tender cuts like the ribeye and sirloin (back) as opposed to the lower legs. If our fascia is anything like theirs, its no wonder calves are hard to grow!

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Hey bros, just got back fron a successful bison hunt. Got about a 1,450lb free range, grass-fed monster. Got him with a bow at about 20 yards. Thank God 1 shot is all it took! I can tell you one thing, never have i felt so small as i did when walking up to this beast. The musculature and pissed off attitude these animals have is down right scary. Anyway, i will now have an awesome rug, a skull for my wall, an most importantly, a ton of fantastic protein for the year. I will post up some pics once i get them downloaded. Now, off to butchering i go!

That's awesome man! My mouth is watering right now.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Thanks fellas! Going to have the skull cleaned and bleached. Would love a full mount but it is huge. The cape will be tanned and will make a hell of a bed spread. And Grim, i would love to have some recipes. Thanks!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Magnus , I'm not a hunter. I'm cool with others doing it just not for me.
Buddy ,shooting that big sob with a stick with a point on it?
Man you got balls brother! Really cool . Bet the meat is awesome.
Thanks, T

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Holy shit.. You shot my brutus ! What state allows these hunts cause around here is all we got are private farms with a few.. Mine escaped and you found him. That's crazyyy!