©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Satisfaction in self...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
You know the majority of us will never compete or prep for a show or meet. Some will . Some will and end up doing so at a very high level.I can't even begin to tell you how many events I had to bail on mid prep due to outside circumstance or me knowing I just did not have my head together to come in at my best.
Much of the latter could be attributed to lack of confidence in self.
I wanted to be a great pro bodybuilder or huge total number PLer.
This took away from living and training in the now and gave me an out to not be the best I could be. It would be like going from go karts to indy in one jump. How realistic is that? When I came to understand it's the journey not the destination I became much more effective with training and nutritional controll.
I enjoy a endorphin producing kick ass work out so much that -that in itself is a huge reward in this thing of OURS.
This does not mean I don't have competitive aspirations. I do.
The training , life style and life long (some more than 30 yrs )great friends that came from lifting are absolutley priceless in my world.
The guys that are in their 70's and beyond that still go at it daily
have me in awe. Not because they still train and live it like they always have, thats not it. Just knowing they are in a very small
select sliver of the pie in the population that takes fortitude and desire
If you have competitive goals and dreams that is awesome. So do I.
If that is your only motivation is to look freaky and perfect for 1 day
know that if you LOVE what you do then you have made those goals
90% easier to obtain. Embrace what you desire and feel .
Trust me I get psyched up like it's all fresh and I'm 20 any time I read
a anasci members log or event count down log. Thats so motivational and stimulating. Success breeds success.So in OUR thing
you achieving your goals helps myself and others achieve ours.
I could have posted this in the motivational thread but thought this would be better. I know there are lifers here that I would really enjoy seeing put it all together with the absolute abundance of info here at anasci.Look out the window on that long road trip and you will enjoy
what you see along the way when you recall it later in life.
Well just wanted to start my day right with some postive thoughts .
Thanks for listening to this geezer jaw. T

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Sorry guys this was meant for the boards majority population.
Thought I was in aas main board when posted.
Oh yeah good morning.. ! Thanks, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Great post! Just copy it and place over in the general forum. Good stuff Turbo.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I feel you T. I want to compete and do well, but I also enjoy doing this on a day to day basis. When you compare most of us to the general public we are all freaky!

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Might want to get your estrogen level checked :).

Great post. I can def tell you've seen a lot over the years!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well said.. Geezers rock with mental stabilty and it's amazing how the younger generation think to themselves I wish I could be him.. Meaning us old geezers.. Lol.. It's the charisma we put off.. I'm always wound up and addicted to the gym.. Hard to tell people the reasoning.. It's the total package..

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Might want to get your estrogen level checked :).

Great post. I can def tell you've seen a lot over the years!

Probably Kinda high. I think my nipples are looking for lost change..
Thanks Ford I just about popped in one the wifes copies of Glee.
Good save brother. T

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
Awesome post. Competing isn't the only outcome that you can successfully achieve in this sport. If thats your goals than great but if you have another goal well thats great too. I started this sport cause I was 6ft tall and 145lbs at 24. My aim wasn't ever to compete, but more so just to look and feel good about myself and its worked. At 220lbs im no mass monster but I am big enough to feel pretty good about the way I look. And that's all that matters to me. The fact that I enjoy every session and can't see myself stopping anytime soon is even better