©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Roid Rage????!!!!

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S
Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group.

Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
mmmm...i doubt it...First off all you must remember...a person must first be "provoked" to show anger....Obviously these "students" knew they are being tested, and therefore the subconsiouse-mind keeps them at bay. If i was to test you, and i give you "shit", obviously you are not going to get angry cause you know it's only a test......not so??..just my niccle...lol

P

pincrusher

this pretty much agree's with the theory that if you were an asshole before juice, you will be an asshole while on it. yes you need to be provoked to get angry but im sure these test subjects were provoked many times while driving around just as i am every day :D
mild manners people have a great way of dealing with getting provoked and not allowing it to affect them where peopel that are assholes cannot control their outbusts when provoked. the same was shown with this study.
i bet if they had taken test subjects that were known to be assholes or someone who had a history of road rage, they would have seen a heightening of their outward anger while on juice.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
My wife tells me I'm a prick with a wimpy sex drive when I'm not on juice, and I'm a nice horney guy when I'm on a cycle. Hmm? :D

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
Well, I just got a promotion at work, and I sure its due to my first cycle
testosterone enhanced aggressiveness....So does this mean on
my second cycle I'll be promoted to VP?...Third cycle CEO?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
deadlift said:
Well, I just got a promotion at work, and I sure its due to my first cycle
testosterone enhanced aggressiveness....So does this mean on
my second cycle I'll be promoted to VP?...Third cycle CEO?

............Or they'll fire you for flunking the next company steroid drug test. :D

Congrats on the promotion!