©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Interview with Rick Collins Esq, Lawyer, Bodybuilder & Alpha-male

MikeS

Dec 6, 2016
Rick Collins Esq is the link between law and bodybuilding.

When I was first discovering body building, Rick collins’s excellent book Legal muscle introduced me to the Good, the Bad and the Ugly truth about Steroids. The negative mystique about steroids was dispelled and replaced with a real history, politics and even medical summary of what steroids were about. It is with pride that I have present this interview with Rick Collins Esq.

Q. Reading your book Legal Muscle began my journey into the world of bodybuilding, steroids and the dark politics of the health/sick industry, how did you get your start?

A. Even before becoming a lawyer, I was a health club instructor and competitive bodybuilder. I’ve spent a lot of time in gyms! I also co-owned and ran a personal training business for a while. So, my interest in health and fitness goes way back and has continued throughout my life. Writing Legal Muscle was a way for me to bridge the gap between two very disconnected worlds – the hardcore muscle community and the professional community of doctors, lawyers and law enforcers. When it came to anabolic steroid use, each world had very little understanding of the other. At that time, each side was very misinformed about the other. I wanted to try to help clear up the misunderstandings. The book sold out nearly 6,000 copies and is now out of print. I still write a lot about issues involving steroids and health and fitness, including a monthly column in Muscular Development magazine. I also keep a very active Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/RickCollinsOnline and a web site at Rick Collins - Attorney, Author, Activist and Adventurer. Editors Note: Ricks Law Firm that specializes in Steroid Law is Steroidlaw.com - Bridging the gap between the muscle world and the justice community

rickauthor.png

Q. You must have seen many heart breaking cases of injustice in your career as an attorney. Considering your reputation you must have also scored many major victories for your clients. Can you give us some examples of such triumphs?

A. The public thinks that criminal defense lawyers mostly represent bad people as clients. That’s not necessarily so in general, and in the case of my own unique clientele it’s not even close to being true. The vast majority of my clients are very nice people. It’s my honor and privilege to serve them, and I’m immensely proud that I have been able to achieve remarkable results for so many of them. For example, I recently was able to persuade a thoughtful and fair judge in Pennsylvania to impose a non-custodial sentence on a client charged with steroid manufacturing and trafficking. It was over the objections of the prosecutor, but it was the right thing to do. Even more gratifying was a recent case in the Southwest in which a female competitive bodybuilder was charged with selling steroids to an undercover snitch. Through cross-examination in depositions, I was able to expose the snitch as a liar who set up my client for a crime that never happened. She was 100% innocent. You can read the story online at my law firm’s blog [http://cmgesqblog.com/2012/08/when-...ramed-finding-the-truth-and-clearing-a-name/].

Q. Do you believe that the epidemic sickness running rampant throughout the world is a result of greed run amok and systematic negligence or a willful and calculated agenda to control the masses?

A. I don’t believe in the sort of villainous worldwide conspiracies of 1960s Bond movies. And I don’t believe that any specific individual wants to intentionally make or keep people sick, although bad policies can have that effect. I do believe that behind all institutional policies are socioeconomic equations. Although it may be presented quite differently, money and power drive policy. They are the reasons for things being as they are in our society, from law to politics to social standards to health care. What may be best for the shareholders of corporations may not necessarily be best for the public at large. And once things are a certain way in the socioeconomic fabric, they stay that way because the people with the money and power want it to so and find foot soldiers to help them. That’s why real change is so hard. As Belgian philosopher Maurice Maeterlinck said, “Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past.”

Q. As the creator of the Alpha Male Challenge you clearly believe it is important for males to embrace their masculinity. This makes some people nervous, what would you say to them?

A. Our definition of an Alpha Male in that book is different from the negative stereotype that makes some people nervous. Our idea of a true Alpha Male isn’t the jackass elbowing his way to the front of the food line. It’s a guy who’s filled with confidence, courage and physical skills, but who is also empathic and socially skilled. It’s a leader. A hero. You can get the idea at Alpha Male Challenge, and you can even take an online test to see where you stand.

rickandstallone.png

Q. What notable transformations have you noticed because of your Alpha Male Challenge and do you feel it has led to a sustained change in the mentality as well as physical condition of participants?

A. Most people start exercise routines and healthy eating plans with good intentions but don’t stick with them. We decided to devote a substantial amount of Alpha Male Challenge to helping readers make the psychological commitments needed to effectuate real and lasting change, no matter how young or old you are and no matter how long it’s been since your last workout. We’re talking about pretty dramatic physical change. We ran a group of tests subjects and every single guy lost a lot of body fat. The average weight loss was 25 pounds in 10 weeks. The guys lost an average of nearly 7 inches off their waists. They were not just leaner, but stronger and faster – more agile, too. So they all not only looked great, but were much more athletic! A later test subject, Alex, had even more dramatic results. He started the Challenge at 307 pounds at 5’ 8”. At the end of Week 10 he had lost 52 pounds and over 10 inches off his waist. His bench press went up, he added 4 inches to his vertical jump height and he shaved 33 seconds off his time on a 300 yard shuttle run. We’ve gotten lots of feedback from readers that they loved the program. Even women have fallen in love with it. There’s a video on YouTube about four guys who took the program that’s worth watching.

Alpha Male Challenge - The Revolutionary Men's Exercise, Diet & Attitude Book! - YouTube

Q. Some believe that while females suffer the most in nearly all situations, that it is males and the masculine identity which has been the main focus of attack and enfeeblement by the sick industry. Would you agree?

A. I think to some degree the empowerment of women in recent decades has been at the expense of men, but there needed to be better parity in employment and society in general. Things needed to even out, and that’s a good thing. It’s just important to remember that strong women shouldn’t make men feel like they have to be weak. We all need to be strong in these tough times. And masculinity is a good thing.

Q. What are the main ways in which masculine identity has been torn down in the USA and which do you think has done the most damage?

A. Sadly, “manliness” has become a dirty word or even a punch line these days. In many respects, we’ve become a society of beta males and couch potatoes. Men are in worse shape now than ever. One out of every three American men over age 20 is obese, and approximately 40 percent of men aged 40 to 59 are obese. Culturally, American guys have become metrosexualized into thinking that the only modern road to self-improvement is more hair gel, fancier pants and a pedicure. One of the inspirations for Alpha Male Challenge was an essay called “Why I Left My Beta Male Husband” which highlighted that today’s strong women want a masculine man, not a feminized one.

Rick-Randy-Couture-2012-4.png

Q. What do you think of pro-hormones as far as safety, accessibility and effectiveness as compared with traditional class III Anabolic Steroids?

A. It’s a moot point. Most pro-hormones are illegal to sell as dietary supplements, even if they are not classified as “anabolic steroids” under Schedule III of the federal Controlled Substances Act. That’s because synthetically designed steroidal substances don’t meet the criteria to be marketed as dietary supplements. Some of the companies marketing products with these ingredients have been prosecuted for federal felonies. Further, a new bill in the Senate would effectively reclassify most all of these types of compounds as Schedule III anabolic steroids, making them just as illegal to possess without a valid prescription as testosterone, nandrolone or trenbolone.

Q. As an attorney where do you believe steroid users should exercise the most caution in the acquisition of AAS?

A. Buying any drugs on the black market incurs a variety of risks. You can never be sure what you’re buying. There are all sorts of fakes and counterfeits, and some underground products are not made under sterile conditions or are contaminated. And, of course, there are the legal risks. Buying steroids over the Internet to be delivered via international mail has resulted in many arrests of steroid users if the package is flagged at the arrival airport. Attempting to conceal steroids and bring them back from Mexico at a border crossing can also result in arrest and detention. Sometimes these cases are prosecuted and other times large fines are imposed in lieu of prosecution. It’s important to remember that anabolic steroids are controlled substances just like cocaine and heroin, and illegal possession is a crime. If you get caught for any crime involving anabolic steroids, make sure you get a good lawyer or feel free to call me with any questions. There’s a lot of good information on my site at Steroidlaw.com - Bridging the gap between the muscle world and the justice community. There’s a news feed there too so there’s always new information. I also Tweet @RickCollinsEsq.

Q. There are those within bodybuilding that believe that steroids are essential for us to be on an even playing field with our grandfathers considering how bad the food and water is now. Would you agree?

A. No, but I saw a study in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism that looked at the testosterone levels of age-matched American guys. Researchers found that when they compared subjects, men in the late 1980’s had higher average testosterone levels than men of the same age did in the 1990’s, and men of the new century have on average, at the same age, the least testosterone of all. Testosterone, of course, is a biological marker for masculinity. So, we are seeing a generational degradation of our physiological marker for manliness, but I think we should start by addressing improving our diet and enhancing our exercise programs before we recommend steroids to the masses.

Q. Do you think average females who want to lose a few pounds and get tones could do well to add a mild dose of aas to their regiment, such as 5mg of anavar?

A. I never recommend any type of drugs to people. Steroids, like all prescription drugs, should be medically prescribed and monitored.

Q. What would you say to younger athletes who want to experiment with AAS?

A. Obviously, any non-medical adolescent steroid use is a problem, just like adolescent cigarette and alcohol use. The steroid health risks for teens are greater than those for mature adults. The kids who start juicing without having built any natural foundation may get big fast but then shrink just as fast when the cycle ends, resulting in a reluctance to ever “come off” the juice. “The bad stuff will never happen to me” is the common mindset – which can lead to some very poor choices. Although the risks for teen steroid users are higher, the potential benefits are lower. Teenagers should note that their natural testosterone levels are really high. Steroid use shuts off natural testosterone production. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of teenaged boys can jump as high as 2,000 nanograms per deciliter of blood — about two to four times that of your typical adult male. How do you justify not taking advantage of the highest natural testosterone levels you’ll ever have in your life? And, of course, teens also face the legal risks associated with engaging in activity deemed criminal under federal and most state laws.

Thank you for your time and excellent work Mr. Collins, it has had a major impact on me and many others.