©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Any of you into vintage home stereo?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I'm going to put together a vintage home system for the gym I'm putting together in my garage. Want one of the big watt recievers
pioneer or technics, sansui etc. Really set on some high end big watt vintage speakers.Any suggestions/knowledge greatly appreciated.
Thanks, T

IsoVet

Feb 4, 2013
Don't know much about vintage home theater but I did have a guy on the street the other day that stopped me and wanted to know if I wanted an 8 track player. I was like "really?"

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I'm looking for a an sx1980 pioneer tuner and speakers that will work well with that tuner or a similar tuner/amp from that era 76-82.
Yeah I had 8 tracks as a kid Funny ass little 4 channel thing.
Thanks, T

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Funny, when I saw the title of the thread my mind went back to a kid when we played 8 tracks and records using the tv's radio.

Kids these days have no clue what it would be like to lift up the top of a tv and play music. No remote control either!

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I bought some liquid cooled American Acoustics home speakers in 1980. I thought they were awesome. My Dad is still using them in his office today. See if you can find some, i think you will be impressed. I had an Onkyo system that i bought with them. At that time Onkyo was considered very high end. Like Macintosh (i think thats the name). But later on Onkyo came out with a huge line of stereo equipment that wasnt nearly as good.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Cool . Thanks for responses . I'll figure out how to post pics when gym is finished late spring early summer .. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Want that big silver era pioneer with the big speakers in that lighter finish
They need to be the ones that will take the wattage . Kinda sentimental reasons and because those things did and still do sound amazing. There are other brands that I would want as well as long as is vintage hi quality hi wattage . Needs to be loud and clear . I live in a noisy super hi crime "hood" .
They will know when they hear that shit in my garage leave me the fuck alone I'm training..:welcome::sniper:
T

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
I've got an 8 track player. It was in the ceiling by the bar when I bought the house.