©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

No Wrestling in Olympics???WTF

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I was reading up on that this morning...Looks like it will be effective for the 2020 games...Here was the statement IOC gave:

IOC spokesperson Mark Adams said, “This is a process of renewing and renovating the program for the Olympics ... In the view of the executive board, this was the best program for the Olympic Games in 2020. It’s not a case of what’s wrong with wrestling, it is what’s right with the 25 core sports.” This statement implies that wrestling has lost international significance and is no longer relevant as a modern sport.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Pretty sad that one of the very original Olympic sports is being canned. Makes no sense to me.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hell they didnt even really broadcast any last time I saw.so is this the Greco roman wrestling I assume...yeah it's all political bs how they can make most money by maxing out ticket sales to event and profit prob not good enough. Stupid.. It's an Olympic sport that was one of the first. Dump water ballet instead.. Or ribbon dancing.. Gmab..

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Yeah, I'm still shaking my head at this...Whatever, not popular enough for ratings, right?...Is that the reason they're pretty much going off of?

But it's the fuckin Olympics...You can't just keep it even though it doesn't get the ratings?...Wrestling has always been an Olympic sport!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Don't even get me started on this shit-

I'm going to low single the first person I hear say they don't care that they took out wrestling. It was one of the few legit sports left still. It had to do with the lack of female participants of all things... How could they even let that weigh into it. I don't see any guys doing fucking synchronized swimming-

Fuck!!!!! This is absolute shit, that was thee original Olympic sport too. I'm irate about this.