©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Help with meds for a healthy heart and life

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
I could use some help with achieving a competitive body again.But in order for me to gain that state again,I need knowledge in getting my hormones just right. The articles I am reading in these sites are incredible, hopefully not all bullshit but put with science fact behind them. I am 56 years young. I use to compete in the late 70's and early 80's. I love bodybuilding today as I loved it way back when! In 2007 I had a heart attack. I had a stent put in me within an hour! Pretty fast work! Luckly, I was a construction supt on a research lab in the Houston Med center. The Dr. informed me that he would be installing another stent a month later. My heart sustained very minimal damage. The questions I need answered pertain to four meds. Effient, a drug for my stents. Fenofibrate, a drug for triglycerides. Metoprolol Tartrate, a drug for blood pressure. Lipitor, a drug for blood lipid lvls. Before my heart attack I have taken no AAS for over 15 to 20 years. I found out that my test lvls were very low in my late 40's. I am on HRT/TRT now for the rest of my life,thank God for this. I needed this back. The meds in question that I ask answers for is this. Will any of the meds hurt or help in trying to get into a competitive state again? Thank you for any great help or assistance.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
First I must say to you OMR your dedication to the sport of body building totally impresses me greatly so I applaud your dedication..
Next I assume you can not ask your cardiologist those med questions. How is your heart ejection factors as of last checkup.70 i believe is normal.. Building muscle means more bloodflow so heart needs to be in top form to feed the added muscle mass and plus continue to feed all organs. Have you had an exercised heart stress test? There are so many things you probably know that you need to consider before starting AAS or the added stress weight training does to a persons body
Im hoping a Dr will assist better answering your questions. Keep training ,maybe high rep,and hope to hear you are going to do a show when time is right cause I'd be there if close by .
Thanks ib

I forgot to add the effient you are taking is a type of anti clot med.and as you know AAS raises red blood count which means thicker blood so that would be a concern I'd have for drug interaction.

Last edited:

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Great advice IB. There is a doctor on this forum. Maybe he can answer some of your questions. His screen name is alpha6164. You should probably shoot him a private message.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Keep us updated OMR. I had a pneumonia induced heart issue so I kinda know the joy u went thru as I was in icu for 25 days of fun 15 yrs ago.The echo cardiologist was hot so I let her rub the greasy
device on my chest anytime.: keep training brutha
Thanks

alpha6164

VIP / AnaSCI MD
Feb 15, 2013
Florida
Hey OMR,

It is great that you are trying to keep healthy. Sometimes it seems as though i am going against the grain because i advise health over mega doses which rubs some people the wrong way. Your meds overall are good. The only one i have a light issue with is the metoprolol. It is a great drug for high blood pressure but it kills your drive. It is basically an anti-adrenaline. Think of albuterol or clenbuterol being a beta receptor agonist well metoprolol is a beta receptor blocker.

Most men feel fatigued, weight gain and major loss of libido. I do use the drug in patients when there is no choice but there are better options out there. You way want to look at ace inhibitors such as lisinopril or ARBII blockers such as Micardis or Losartan etc. These drugs reduce blood pressure, protect the kidneys and dont have the side effects of beta blockers.

For further heart health i recommend at least 3grams of high quality omega 3 daily, 3oz of nuts (unroasted, unsalted), half to full avocado daily, and niacin. You will have a killer metabolic and lipid profile using the above regiment.

alpha6164

VIP / AnaSCI MD
Feb 15, 2013
Florida
Hey OMR,

It is great that you are trying to keep healthy. Sometimes it seems as though i am going against the grain because i advise health over mega doses which rubs some people the wrong way. Your meds overall are good. The only one i have a light issue with is the metoprolol. It is a great drug for high blood pressure but it kills your drive. It is basically an anti-adrenaline. Think of albuterol or clenbuterol being a beta receptor agonist well metoprolol is a beta receptor blocker.

Most men feel fatigued, weight gain and major loss of libido. I do use the drug in patients when there is no choice but there are better options out there. You way want to look at ace inhibitors such as lisinopril or ARBII blockers such as Micardis or Losartan etc. These drugs reduce blood pressure, protect the kidneys and dont have the side effects of beta blockers.

For further heart health i recommend at least 3grams of high quality omega 3 daily, 3oz of nuts (unroasted, unsalted), half to full avocado daily, and niacin. You will have a killer metabolic and lipid profile using the above regiment.