©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Objective data on blood test levels???

BigTex

Feb 6, 2005
This may be a dumb question but I have seen much emphasis on testing blood levels regularly (and I have been) but I realized that I really have never seen any absolute reference levels for where I should be.

For example, my last test showed "free testosterone" of 1102 pg/ml. The "lab" reference range (obviously set for people not juicing and working out) was "6.5 to 28.1". I realize that I would be higher than "normal" but is 1102 too freaking high or should it be 500, etc. etc.

Other things like HDL and LDL are easy to work out as they would be the same for everyone.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Thx.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
BigTex said:
This may be a dumb question but I have seen much emphasis on testing blood levels regularly (and I have been) but I realized that I really have never seen any absolute reference levels for where I should be.

For example, my last test showed "free testosterone" of 1102 pg/ml. The "lab" reference range (obviously set for people not juicing and working out) was "6.5 to 28.1". I realize that I would be higher than "normal" but is 1102 too freaking high or should it be 500, etc. etc.

Other things like HDL and LDL are easy to work out as they would be the same for everyone.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Thx.

They have actually used two different ranges here. I'm not too familiar with this one "6.5 to 28.1", but it seems to be the one used most often by doctors.
The range I'm most familiar with measures test in nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl). The normal range here is between 300 to 1000ng/dl where 300 is considered the low end of normal, meaning a male has no problems performing ANY male fuction at this level. Your 1102 is 102 over the high end of normal. A very good level for attaining and maintaining muscle mass, but since 300 to 1000 is an average, 1102 would not put you so high over average that most doctors would suspect you of juicing. Most of them would just assume you are slighty over average.