©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you know Yourself ? Strengths and Weaknesses

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Not talking about genetics here but personality traits or attributes. I got thinking of this on my way back from the Sweatt Shop. My exact thought was, while I have never been the brightest bulb in the box, I have always been befriended by some really skilled people who shared their knowledge and experience with me. No matter whether it has been professionally or personally I have always been blessed with being surrounded by great people, who happily helped me along.

On the flip side, I tend to be leap before I look or talk before I think. This has gotten me in lots of trouble along the way.

Hawk

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Not talking about genetics here but personality traits or attributes. I got thinking of this on my way back from the Sweatt Shop. My exact thought was, while I have never been the brightest bulb in the box, I have always been befriended by some really skilled people who shared their knowledge and experience with me. No matter whether it has been professionally or personally I have always been blessed with being surrounded by great people, who happily helped me along.

On the flip side, I tend to be leap before I look or talk before I think. This has gotten me in lots of trouble along the way.

Hawk

"Never been the brightest bulb in the box" hawk your not giving yourself the credit you deserve. Recognizing your own weeknesses admitting them and then surrounding yourself with people that compliment those weeknesses is extreemly intelligent in itself. Ive always been a firm believer in surrounding myself with the people i admire or would like to be like i believe its a fact that you become who you associate with.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
"Never been the brightest bulb in the box" hawk your not giving yourself the credit you deserve. Recognizing your own weeknesses admitting them and then surrounding yourself with people that compliment those weeknesses is extreemly intelligent in itself. Ive always been a firm believer in surrounding myself with the people i admire or would like to be like i believe its a fact that you become who you associate with.

I was told a long time ago, to surround yourself by people you want to be like and they will pull you up. I find that most people want to share what they know, and all you have to do is listen.

And thanks for the kind words, I don't really have many original thoughts, but have always been able to grab concepts easily which has allowed me to expand on what I have learned.

I once had a boss who said, call a spade a spade. In other words know what you are and what you aren't. At least that's what I got from it.

Hawk

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I think I tend to be a "doer". Getting projects done and checked off the list. I can do 10 projects better at the same time vs. only one. I like looking at the big picture and don't care for getting bogged down in lots of details.

Everybody has personality assets. The key is to know what they are and use them to your benefit. What's that saying? Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration…

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I seem to do a bunch a things at once and even if I show someone how to like example.( frame a door or drive a track hoe) I still just do it for them cause i no longer afford screw ups even though person I trained is competent..I need to let go and what happens happens and stop over stressing .gym sends me to happy place cause I'm in control of my own destiny..I could talk for hours and those that know me could too.lol..
I like hawks post of reality. Makes one think.thanks

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I'm prone to focus problems at times. Impatience. I get greedy with the wts after a layoff and reinjure myself(past)and get frustrated. Very hard for me to grasp that I am 51 at times. Being aware of shortcomings is half the battle though. Very good thread CH. Thanks , T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I seem to do a bunch a things at once and even if I show someone how to like example.( frame a door or drive a track hoe) I still just do it for them cause i no longer afford screw ups even though person I trained is competent..I need to let go and what happens happens and stop over stressing .gym sends me to happy place cause I'm in control of my own destiny..I could talk for hours and those that know me could too.lol..
I like hawks post of reality. Makes one think.thanks

I can relate to you bro, it really took me some time to learn to let my guys or even my kids screw up and then have to fix it. And even now, I take a deep sigh and fight back the urge to say WTF???

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I'm prone to focus problems at times. Impatience. I get greedy with the wts after a layoff and reinjure myself(past)and get frustrated. Very hard for me to grasp that I am 51 at times. Being aware of shortcomings is half the battle though. Very good thread CH. Thanks , T

Ha ha, we are definitely from the same mold bro! I hate my deload week as I feel like a puss, but I know I need it and it takes more effort to hold back than go 100%.

Hawk