©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hit a Vein?

SshadowW

Mar 15, 2013
I was injecting in my glutes this morning (upper outer quadrent). I aspirated, saw a clean bubble- no blood, and finished my injection.

When I withdrew, though, I had a stream of blood run down my ass, leg, and several droplets hit the floor...probably bled for about 2 minutes or so. I've never had an issue injecting in my glutes before.

Anyway, I'm thinking I knicked a vein on the way out...is that possible?

I'm wondering if I lost most of the test as a result...thinking about re-injecting.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, sounds liked you nicked or pierced a vein on the way in or out. No worries. I would not add more test because of it. Most likely the oil is in the muscle and the vein you hit was somewhere in between.

SshadowW

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks- pretty much what I thought.

I'm really surprised because of the area. I've probably done 50 shots in that area and never had an issue. Figured I may have pierced a surface vein on the way in, which is why it was clean when I aspirated, then it bled when I withdrew.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks- pretty much what I thought.

I'm really surprised because of the area. I've probably done 50 shots in that area and never had an issue. Figured I may have pierced a surface vein on the way in, which is why it was clean when I aspirated, then it bled when I withdrew.

Exactly. I have done the same. Do a bunch of clean shots, then one day you hit the blood jackpot When that happens I'm thinking, oh yeah, dropping that hematocrit LOL

Daveyjones

Feb 14, 2013
Did u apply pressure to the area u injected. If not u can expect to have a pretty bad bruise there within the next couple of days.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Had wife inject tne in tricep she hit vein felt that shit runin all in veins on left side especially in forearm an hand weird.

colochine

Oct 28, 2012
I've only had a squirter once. I don't aspirate and I get blood often I typically go trough veins rather than injecting in them.

I think I pulled the needle out right as my heart contracted and it caused the blood to squirt. Perfect timing unfortunately I was the only one there to see it lol. I'm a sinister mofo I guess.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
In about 6-7 years of use, I've had one "pumper". Was when I first started. I swear you could see it pump out with my heart. It was a glute shot.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Just rub some dirt on it! Just kidding, it happens. I am sure most of have done it a time or two. Oddly enough i did an entire syntherol bicep run (240sticks)and hit nothing, but hit one with a slin pin for my trt while pinning my quad.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Last year. I was pinning my quad and had blood shoot a couple of feet out when I pulled the needle out...hosing my German Shepherd down with blood. He always likes to stand next to me when I am pinning. Funny thing is was completely cool about it, just stood there wagging his tail with blood all over his head.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Yeah I have done this a time or 2. My wife saw it spray across the room and went into panic mode! lol I was cracking up.

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Never hit a vein but I hit a nerve in my quad that freaked me out the jolt made me throw the pin across the room and it was sore for days

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
This happens to me probably 2 times a month... Usually in my quads.

If you get even the tiniest bit of oil in a vein you'll know right away, you'll taste it in your throat as your lungs back it back up and you'll be coughing like water went down the wrong pipe.

Usually when I pierce a vein it will bruise like someone said and a small amount of blood will pool right under the skin and it will look like a lil bump.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
It happens evrey now and then with me.Related Hjack I saw a buddie hit the floor stabbing into sciatic nerve about 25 yrs ago. What a dumbass! hit the deck like right now whimpering like wounded dog.That was freaky as hell. I know I never want to stray from to the side and high.
T